We are just three weeks away from the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on October 28th, 2022 and to celebrate a new launch gameplay trailer has been released, which you can view above. Additionally, details on pre-order bonuses have been released, which can be found below or on Call of Duty’s official blog:
Early Campaign Access1: The Ultimate Way to Play
Task Force 141 is expecting you to report for duty up to a week before the official launch of Modern Warfare II. Are you up for the challenge?
This intel has been verified: Anyone who preorders a digital edition of Modern Warfare II will receive early Campaign access in addition to a host of other previously announced rewards. This grants you up to a week to complete the incredible multimission, single-player, globe-trotting operation before the full game launches on October 28. Preorder the game here.
Familiar heroes return and new allies are formed as Task Force 141 faces its greatest threat yet — a newly aligned menace with deep, yet unknown connections.
This Campaign features missions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, and is set to be an incredible experience on numerous levels: offshore sieges with underwater combat, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth missions in both plain sight and under the cover of darkness. For more information on the game, click here.
Recap: Modern Warfare II Preorder Benefits
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Campaign, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Call of Duty®: Warzone™. You also get Beta Early Access and content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for preordering the game. For a full rundown, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
Preorder Modern Warfare II to receive:
Up to one week early access to the full Modern Warfare II Campaign1.
Access to the full game on October 28.
Open Beta Early Access2.
Final Judgement Bundle3: Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
Preorder the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
All previously listed rewards.
Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
FJX Cinder Weapon Vault4: At Call of Duty: Next, we plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips5: If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
Ghost Legacy Pack6: 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.
Recap: Modern Warfare II Beta Dates
Remember your preorder also entitles you to experience early access to the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms and split into two playable Weekends. Early access is available for those with either digital or retail preorders:
Time to Play: Weekend One: First on PlayStation®7
The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.7, 8
PlayStation Early Access: Those who preordered the game on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, or those who received a Beta code, can begin playing the Beta on Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT.
PlayStation Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Sunday, September 18 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 AM PT, is accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status. PlayStation players can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II and can unlock rewards available in-game at launch.
Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)2
The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10 AM PT. Crossplay will be active, allowing you to partywith friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: No matter whether you preordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 and 5 owners.
Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who preordered the game for Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, or who pre-purchased for PC via Battle.net or Steam can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. Xbox Live Gold Subscription IS required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net or Steam9 account.
Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26 at 10AM PT, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status. Xbox Live Gold Subscription is NOT required for Xbox players during this time. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II. Xbox Live Gold Subscription will not be required for Xbox players, for this period only.
Recap: Call of Duty®: Next
Mark your calendars for September 15, 2022: Expect a massive intel drop regarding the immediate future of Call of Duty during the Call of Duty: Next franchise showcase event! Expect many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora). This multi-hour event also features a full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal; a multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time; and [[REDACTED]] information and surprises! Need more details? Click here.
(1) One week based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.
(2) Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of MP Beta subject to change. See www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. Minimum Open Beta duration is 2 days. Limited time only, while Early Access Beta Codes last, at participating retailers. Online multiplayer subscription may be required.
(3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on preorder platform required to redeem Final Judgement Bundle. Sold/downloaded separately.
(4) Weapon Vault design limited to Weapon Vault contents at launch.
(5) Battle Pass and Tier Skips, or equivalent versions, will be accessible in Modern Warfare II once the Season 1 Battle Pass, or equivalent system, is made available in-game. Battle Pass redemption applies to one season of Modern Warfare II Battle Pass, or equivalent system, only.
(6) Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® / Call of Duty®: Warzone™ required to redeem Ghost Legacy Pack. Sold/downloaded separately. Must be redeemed by October 28, 2023. All pre-purchase customers are eligible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. However, Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone are not available on Steam. For more details, please visit the Call of Duty® FAQ.
(7) PS4 and PS5 owners in Germany will need a PS Plus subscription due to the game’s age rating.
(8) PS4 and PS5 owners in Japan must be at least 18 years old to use this content. The price of this content is 100 yen (tax included). At the time of purchase, regardless of the balance of the wallet, the same amount as the content price will be paid from the credit card. The same amount as the price will be returned to the wallet of the account that purchased this content.
(9) All pre-purchase customers are elidible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. However, Modern Warfare® (2019) & WarzoneTM are not available on Steam. For more details please visit the Call of Duty FAQ.
A mobile phone number must be linked to your Battle.net® and/or Steam Account to play Modern Warfare® II.
© 2019-2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY VANGUARD, CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, MODERN WARFARE, and WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for all your gaming, tech, and entertainment news!