Today, Unit 2 Games announced one of its biggest updates to the creation platform Crayta, with its Starter Edition launching free on Google Stadia today with Crowd Play support. In addition to this news, Crayta will head to PC via the Epic Games Store on March 10, with both versions compatible with each other thanks to cross-play.
We’re a collaborative and accessible game-making game that’s designed to allow anyone of any ability or experience level to create their own multiplayer games and share them with an audience.
We’ve been available exclusively on Stadia since last summer, but today we’ve announced a big update that marks the next stage in our evolution and includes the following:
- Crayta: Starter Edition launches FREE on Stadia today
- Stadia version now supports streaming feature Crowd Play Beta
- PC version of Crayta confirmed for Early Access on Epic Games Store on 10th March, with full cross-play with Stadia
- New Battle Pass progression system to be introduced on 10th March
- New Editions introduced (coming 10th March)
- Black Creators’ Prize Fund & Mentoring Programme extended (and existing Monthly Creators’ Prize Fund to continue)
We’ve already had thousands of games created and published within Crayta since launch, and have also given out over a quarter of a million dollars in prize fund winnings to our top UGC creators, with several of our highest earners netting over $25,000 each. We’re continuing this monthly Prize Fund into 2021 and are also officially extending our Black Creators’ Fund & Mentoring Programme until the end of May too.
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.