Today, Games Operators announced their new historical strategy game, King’s Orders. The game is developed by Afterlife Studio and is set to release on Steam at a later date.
The game promises a new take on the historical strategy genre that turns players’ expectations on their head. Rather than having the instant and omniscient knowledge of failures, successes, troop locations, and more, players have to base decisions off letters carried by messengers to and from the front lines of battle. Messengers can also be intercepted before they ever reach the player or their troops. This means players are never quite sure that they have all the information before making their decisions.
KING’S ORDERS – MAIN FEATURES
- A simplified historical strategy game with a twist. Rule your kingdom, give orders by sending letters to your generals, and make decisions based on the reports you receive.
- Real medieval war scenarios. From the Hundred Years’ War, through the Battle of Grunwald, and to the Wars of the Roses.
- The grand campaign allowing you to become the ruler of any medieval kingdom of Europe.
- Magnified realism and a deeper level of immersion. Deal with the lack of battle preview in real-time and the fact that messengers with your orders might never reach their destination.
- Loyalty and morale system that impacts gameplay. Monitor your generals’ attitude as they will help you stifle potential rebellion that might occur if you keep making unpopular decisions.
- Kingdom economy to be handled. Gold gained will give you various opportunities. Will you train more troops or focus on fortifying? You decide what kind of ruler you are and how you’re going to manage your realm.
King’s Orders offers a unique perspective on the strategy genre. One that seeks not to give the player a wealth of information to sift through, but to give them a sense of unease with every decision that they make. While sending and receiving letters may not be for everyone, this has the makings of an interesting strategic experience.
For more gaming news, stay tuned to Gaming Trend.