Today, Arc System Works announced that it will release Code Shifter, a unique crossover action-platformer, during Q1 of this year. The game will feature 100 different characters from popular series like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue alongside new and interesting modes.
In Code Shifter, you play role of Stella, a game developer at the “Awesome Rainbow Corp” who is tasked with squashing the remaining bugs on the eve of the company’s biggest game release. As she scrambles to fix the game, mysterious errors in the program suddenly appear and time is running out to finish the game in time! To deal with the situation, Stella, whips up a debug program: “Code Shifter”, that allows her digital avatar “Sera” to eradicate the issues from within. Along the way, she’ll encounter powerful bugs and anomalies but she’ll get some help from some unexpected allies each with their own special powers. Will Stella and her coworkers be able to find the origin of these bugs and deliver the game before the launch date?
Key Features Include:
- Iconic Arc System Works characters remixed in 8-bit pixel art, including Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, the River City series and more!
- Utilize a whopping 100 characters to successfully overcome deadly obstacles and enemies to ship the game in time!
- The soundtrack features 8-bit renditions of popular character themes like “Give Me a Break” (Sol Badguy’s Theme), Bullet Dance (Noel Vermillion’s Theme) and more!
- By defeating the bosses of each stage Sera is rewarded with new costumes that gives her different powers when equipped.
- The “COLORFUL FIGHTERS” game mode is a brawler mini-game that allows up to 4 players to duke it out in a free-for-all!
- Fight against other CPU controlled characters in the Ex Stages of the main story to unlock more playable characters!
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.