Paradox is tinkering with a subscription for their grand strategy game, Crusader Kings II. Why? There’s an absolutely monstrous amount of content additions. With the base game being completely free, what does this $4.99 per month sub get you? Let’s find out:
- 13 major expansions, including the fierce Norse of The Old Gods, the eastern riches of Rajas of India, and the scheming vassals of Conclave
- 12 unit packs, including new army sprites for your medieval forces
- 14 music packs, including two heavy metal scores
- 10 portrait packs of clothing and faces for rulers around the world
- The Game Converter, which lets you export your saved game to Europa Universalis IV
- The Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer, so you can create your own starting monarch
The Paradox team has kept their foot on the gas pedal since the game’s initial release, so this could be a gateway to a massive amount of content for new or returning players. Could this spell a new way to buy into some of Paradox’s bigger games? Time will tell, but stay tuned — we’ll keep you posted here at GamingTrend.com
Ron Burke is the Editor in Chief for Gaming Trend. Currently living in Fort Worth, Texas, Ron is an old-school gamer who enjoys CRPGs, action/adventure, platformers, music games, and has recently gotten into tabletop gaming.
Ron is also a fourth degree black belt, with a Master's rank in Matsumura Seito Shōrin-ryū, Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do, Universal Tang Soo Do Alliance, and International Tang Soo Do Federation. He also holds ranks in several other styles in his search to be a well-rounded fighter.
Ron has been married to Gaming Trend Editor, Laura Burke, for 27 years. They have three dogs - Pazuzu (Irish Terrier), Atë, and Calliope (both Australian Kelpie/Pit Bull mixes).