If you are unfamiliar with the Zombie Army games, well…let’s just say they are completely bonkers, and Zombie Army 4 is finally hitting Steam (you can read our review from the original release right here), and best of all, you can team up with your friends who picked it up on the Epic Store! Let’s get into what you’ll find as the game hits Steam, as well as some background on the game if you missed it the first time around.
In 1945 Hitler turned the tide of World War 2 with “Plan Z,” reanimating his fallen troops into an army of undead Nazis. A brave band of heroes managed to cast the zombie army and the demon Führer back to hell. One year on, Europe lies in ruins. The dead rise again with a greater hunger than before. The relentless march of the Nazi zombie army continues, leaving death and despair in its wake. And in the shadows, a sinister plot hatches…
The game can be played with drop-in, drop-out co-op for up to four zombie-hunting pals, but what new features can we expect this time around?
- A harrowing story campaign teeming with ghastly terrors and demonic monstrosities. Hunt the dead on your own, or fight alongside your friends in drop-in, drop-out co-op for up to 4 players.
- Huge maps across Southern Europe and beyond. Creep across corpse-riddled Venetian canals. Negotiate a grotesque zombie zoo where all hell has broken loose. Survive a towering volcano overflowing with molten despair.
- Deep progression and customization. Rank up through 100 levels and unlock dozens of powerful skills, special attacks, weapon upgrades and more. Supercharge your arsenal with incredible elemental damage. Stun hordes into shock with electrified bullets.
- Harness the might of divine devastation.
- Gorge on Rebellion’s trademark X-ray Kill Cam – now enhanced for the undead and including gruesome trap, melee and explosive kills.
Bigger, Deadlier Horde Mode. The longer you survive, the bigger the map gets. How long can you fight back before joining the horde of the living dead?
- Cross-play support. Play with your friends whether they’re on Steam or on Epic Games Store.
Cross-play support is a great way to team up with other zombie hunters, regardless of whatever platform they jump on. There’s also a pair of season pass packs that’ll provide additional story campaigns, new characters, weapons, outfits, and much more. Let’s take a look at what differentiates between the Standard, Deluxe, and Super Deluxe Editions:
With Season Pass One and Season Pass Two you can unlock:
- Two new three-part story campaigns
- Four new character packs, including additional playable characters
- New weapon bundles featuring new weapons, charms, skins and more
- New character outfit bundles – dress up your slayers in new outfits and hats
- New weapon skin packs – customize your arsenal with a range of effects
- New headgear bundles and charm packs – add some flair to your arsenal
In addition to the Standard Edition, players can tear into Deluxe and Super Deluxe Editions at launch. The Deluxe Edition includes the base game and:
- Additional Character Pack featuring Undead Airman playable character
- Additional Weapon Skin pack featuring solid gold skins
- Additional Weapon Bundle featuring FG-24 Semi-auto rifle, two charms and two bespoke weapon skins
- Additional Character Outfit Bundle featuring Undercover Karl outfit
The Deluxe Edition is priced $59.99 with a 10% discount available during launch week. The Super Deluxe Edition includes the base game and Season Pass One. It’s priced $79.99 with a 15% discount available during launch week.
Seriously…don’t miss out on Zombie Sharks, folks. It’s truly bonkers, and best played with friends.
Ron Burke is the Editor in Chief for Gaming Trend. Currently living in Fort Worth, Texas, Ron is an old-school gamer who enjoys CRPGs, action/adventure, platformers, music games, and has recently gotten into tabletop gaming.
Ron is also a fourth degree black belt, with a Master's rank in Matsumura Seito Shōrin-ryū, Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do, Universal Tang Soo Do Alliance, and International Tang Soo Do Federation. He also holds ranks in several other styles in his search to be a well-rounded fighter.
Ron has been married to Gaming Trend Editor, Laura Burke, for 27 years. They have three dogs - Pazuzu (Irish Terrier), Atë, and Calliope (both Australian Kelpie/Pit Bull mixes).