On August 11, developer Pixpil and publisher Chucklefish announced a September 16 release date for their latest game, Eastward.
The trailer shows off stunning visuals as well as synth-heavy music that comes together well to create a fun, mysterious energy.
Set in the near-future, society is starting to collapse, and the human population is at an all-time low. A deadly toxic presence has spread across the land, destroying and devouring everything in its path. Escape the tyrannical clutches of a subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail.
- Single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meet a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
- retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (The Unfinished Swan, Gorogoa, Death Stranding, Halo Infinite), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
Eastward will be available on Mac, PC and Switch for $24.99 at launch.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.