Yesterday, Phigames and Dear Villagers announced that its Metroidvania game Recompile will head to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, as well as the previously announced PC version. The new trailer released also features the song Jupirer by Aoife O’Donovan as players will travel to a far off world.
Recompile features intense combat, tight 3D platforming, super-powered abilities and environmental physics-based hacking mechanics – everything, right down to foes, can be hacked. World obstacles include intelligent enemies and intricate environmental circuitry, and both require the mastery of new abilities such as time dilation and flying with a jetpack.
The adventure is built around a branching narrative system unique to the Metroidvania genre. Unlike a typical Metroidvania, it uses a dynamic narrative system based on play style, meaning player decisions alter the world and can lead to any one of multiple endings.
The story explores everything from machine sentience to the nature of reality. The player is a rogue piece of semi-sentient code, trapped in The Mainframe – a sprawling digital wasteland dead-set on deleting trespassers.
- Metroidvania progression combined with a unique narrative branching system.
- A range of futuristic weapons and super-powered abilities, including a jetpack.
- Intense and intelligent combat
- Hack through environmental circuitry, logic gates & even enemies.
- Multiple endings depending on play style.
- Face colossal entities blocking your path to freedom
- Reactive soundtrack of blistering electro.
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.