YAGER’s The Cycle has now started its third season, as the competitive quest shooter ups the ante with revamped quality of life changes as well as moving trains and a new space station. The game, which is free-to-play on PC via Epic Games Store, will also come with some cool new additions to its Fortuna Pass, and will also allow new players to claim the Rogue Starter Pack from now until July 22.
Season 3 also raises the stakes with a new setpiece contract on a moving Mag Train available on both maps. As the train loops around the environment, squads must battle to get on board and keep it locked down, forcing players to use whatever cover they can find in close-quarters combat without falling off!
There’s a ton of other new content added with Season 3 today, as well, including:
- A total revamp of the crafting system, scrapping the old artificial resource system and streamlining it with a single soft currency for all items and mods, making it easier to manage your resources and craft what you want when you want it.
- New starter shotgun and assault rifle, designed to help newcomers flesh out their arsenal.
- New features for The Cycle’s competitive scene, including support for esports tournaments and the introduction of skill-based matchmaking.
- Two new playable Prospectors: Primetime, a streamer with a flashy LCD outfit, and Ronin, a sci-fi samurai.
- Recall Recharge: A new mechanic which allows you to recharge your recall battery, essentially letting you gain a life back if you lose it.
- A new context-sensitive ping system for contracts, making it easier to communicate and coordinate with your squad.
Season 3 also introduces new free and premium (Gold) versions of the Fortuna Pass, The Cycle’s exclusive season pass, each offering a variety of in-game currency and rewards like weapons, skins, emotes, banners, sprays and more. This season’s free pass features over 50 unlockable rewards. The Gold pass features more than 150 rewards (including those from the free pass), as well as the two new Prospectors and special challenges and customization elements for them both.
In addition, players can claim the new “Rogue Starter Pack” for free on The Cycle’s Epic Games Store page from now until July 22. This limited-time bundle of exclusive in-game items not available anywhere else includes the new Rogue Thrill Seeker Prospector, plus a unique vehicle, melee weapon and weapon skin (total value 40 USD/35 EUR).
The Cycle is an action-packed competitive quest shooter: complete jobs, defeat hostile lifeforms, gear up with new weapons and powers, out-score other prospectors, and make it off the planet alive before it kills you. The Cycle delivers a competitive multiplayer experience where everyone can survive, but how you stake your claim can make all the difference. Form squads with friends, make uneasy alliances with strangers, or go it alone — the choice is yours!
Check out all the game has to offer in the trailer above, and stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.