The fan favorite MMO keeps growing as Square Enix announced the first two host cities for the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festivals. The two lucky cities being Las Vegas and London. Additionally, it was shared the game has over 27 million registered players globally. Players can also look forward to a splash of new content coming October 18th. New side story quests, weapon enhancement quests, and variant dungeon battles are some of the exciting additions coming in patch 6.25. Final Fantasy XIV are having a pretty good October so far. More details and a teaser trailer are down below:
SQUARE ENIX® today announced plans to host the latest global series of FINAL FANTASY® XIV Fan Festivals 2023-2024 for the critically-acclaimed MMORPG beginning in the summer of 2023, and confirmed Las Vegas, Nevada and London, United Kingdom would serve as the first two host cities, with a final Fan Festival taking place in Japan in early 2024.
The news was shared during the 73rd Letter from the Producer LIVE stream – part of the 8th 14-hour broadcast – during which FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida also revealed the game now has more than 27 million registered players globally.
A variety of other announcements were also featured during the Letter from the Producer LIVE stream, including an overview of additional in-game content arriving in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online on Tuesday, October 18, courtesy of Patch 6.25. Further details are outlined below:
- New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy new variable-difficulty dungeons—beginning with the Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Players will explore dungeons with Nanamo, featuring branching routes, which can change depending on player actions within the dungeon. Folios can also be obtained from each route, which can be pieced together to deduce secrets and complete the entire story.
- Criterion Dungeons – High difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
With more than 27 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn™ and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more Final Fantasy XIV news and info!