Paradox just released info on the latest Expansion Pass for Crusader Kings III, including details on two major content expansions, an event pack, and a free cosmetic clothing add-on. Paradox also released a new trailer, found above, which showcases what players can expect from Chapter III. The first expansion, Legends of the Dead, is set to release on March 4th and centers around the Byzantine Empire, allowing players to create epic retellings of family histories. You can learn about what to expect from Chapter III below:
STOCKHOLM – 06 February 2024 – Today, Paradox Interactive unveiled its 2024 plans for Crusader Kings III, its award-winning grand strategy game about the medieval era, known for its captivating story-telling and character-rich plotting. Chapter III of Crusader Kings III will feature two expansions, including a long-anticipated Byzantine-themed Major Expansion, as well as an event pack and a free cosmetic clothing add-on, which is available for download now – for everyone who pre-purchases the Expansion Pass.
Crusader Kings III: Chapter III includes:
- Couture of the Capets (free)
Unveil a world of opulence with Couture of the Capets. Available immediately upon purchase of Chapter III, this cosmetic pack introduces new fashions and styles inspired by French royal culture in the High Middle Ages (13th century).
- Legends of the Dead
Turn yourself into a figure of legend in this Core Expansion, where great feats and effective propaganda can enhance the power of your bloodline through the centuries. Direct the course of your dynastic legend through Court Chroniclers, and use your growing reputation to build a lasting material legacy. But beware of the growing threat from distant lands as the Black Death builds a legendary legacy of its own.
- Roads to Power
The majesty of the Byzantine Empire takes center stage in this Major Expansion. Rule from Constantinople through a new Administrative Government form and experience various Byzantine-themed events and flavors. Or, be truly daring and live a life where your noble reputation is not tied to the land, roaming the map as an adventurer for hire.
- Wandering Nobles
Building on the travel system introduced with Tours & Tournaments, this event pack introduces a new Travel Lifestyle and new ways and reasons to travel – incidents and stories related to roaming far from the safety of your court.Trending:
“It’s very exciting to be able to talk about our plans for 2024,” says Crusader Kings III Game Director Alex Oltner. “We’ve been working hard on trying to find ways to introduce major historical content like the Black Death and the Byzantine Empire’s distinct form of government into CKIII, and we know that our fans have been wanting these as well. Chapter III promises to be one of the biggest phases in the game’s history.”
The first piece of content of the third Chapter is coming on March 04. Legends of the Dead is a new core expansion for Crusader Kings III that adds many new activities, events, and features to Paradox’s award-winning medieval role-playing grand strategy game.
War, disease, and scheming relatives can bring an end to even the most illustrious of rulers. How will you ensure that your fame and reputation survive after you are gone? Nothing burnishes the glory of a royal house like the fame of its ancestors, so it may be wise to invest in the future by singing of your past. In Legends of the Dead, guarantee that stories of your great deeds live after you’ve shuffled off the mortal coil through propaganda perpetuated by chroniclers and troubadours. But even legendary greatness is challenged by the greatest peril of all – the Black Death, a dangerous plague that threatens the foundations of the medieval world.
Features of Crusader Kings III: Legends of the Dead include:
- Legends: Commission an epic retelling of your family history or build your own heroic reputation through great deeds. Promote this legend, far and wide, and see how the stories of the past reverberate through the centuries, and add even more glory to legendary dynasties.
- Legendary Playstyle: Leverage your living legend status through new Decisions and actions, keeping the stories of your family in the minds of a continent, strengthening the legitimacy of your rule and allowing further choices.
- Legendary Buildings: Your legendary reputation gives you access to new elite buildings, cementing your legacy for future generations.
- Legendary Feasts: Poets and bards can ornament your celebrations with songs and odes to your greatness, inspiring your guests to spread the tale of your legendary generosity.
- Court Chroniclers: Hire an official historian to spread the story of your dynasty’s great accomplishments, or use your poets and musicians to turn your actions into art.
- Two New Legacies: A new Heroic dynastic Legacy for the heirs of legendary characters, even using the great deeds of ancestors to justify claims from the distant past, as well as a Legitimacy Legacy that promotes your dynasty as the true rulers of the realm.
- Illness and Mourning: New diseases like the Bloody Flux, Measles and Holy Fire may ravage your court, but you can honor your deceased loved ones with dignified Funeral rites, according to your faith.
- The Black Death: The greatest scourge of the Middle Ages strikes down noble and commoner alike, radically transforming the political and social environment. Prepare your realm and prepare your soul, because a rampaging plague may be the strongest enemy facing your rule.
- New Art: Both life and death are given new energy with the celebrated art style that Crusader Kings III fans have come to appreciate. A new exclusive Map Table, new varieties of clothing, unit models and holding designs for extra flavor.
Chapter III for Crusader Kings III can be purchased now for the suggested retail price of $43.98/£38.48/€43.98. Once purchased, owners can immediately download the Couture of the Capets cosmetic pack for free.
Stay tuned to GamingTrend for all your gaming, tech, and entertainment news!
Richard Allen is a freelance writer and contributing editor for various publications. When not writing for Gaming Trend you can find him covering theatre for Broadway World, movies and TV for Fandomize, or working on original stories. An avid retro gamer, he is overly obsessed with Dragon's Lair. Chat with him via @thricetheartist on Twitter and @richardallenwrites on Facebook and Instagram.