NVIDIA had more announcements to make at gamescom today, confirming that they’ll be teaming up with Square Enix to deliver what could be the definiative version of Final Fantasy XV early in 2018. In addition to the cutting edge graphics, 4 and 8K resolution, and HDR10 support, the game will also ship with all free game updates and paid DLC packed in, as well as full GeForce Experience support to capture all of it in blisteringly high detail. If you want to see it for yourself, simply click the video above!
The game will also support a bunch of exclusive GamesWorks features, all of which is enumerated below:
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow — to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks — to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks — to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects — to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO — to add depth and realism based on the physics principles of shadows and light.
Surprisingly, that’s not all. Check out the NVIDIA game page for more details.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will ship for Windows 10 PC in early 2018, and apparently it’s going to be very, very pretty when it does.