http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 05:31:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie] The Protector... or 'man that HAD to hurt'  (Read 469 times)
Jarrodhk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:19:15 AM »

Went and saw the late showing of this tonight.  What a hell of a ride!  It really felt like one long fight scene.  In a good way.

Tony Jaa is just an incredible athlete/martial artist.  Everyone in the theatre was laughing/wincing in pain/cringing as the movie went along.  I'm going to have to see it again just to refresh myself on everything that he did.  There is a scene early on with a cameo appearance that was laugh out loud funny.  Very nice touch.

I'm sure that I've never seen so many broken bones, dislocated joints, and just general pain in entire movies... and that was just one scene.

Hmm... I've got time later today, I think I may just go catch it again.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »

I haven't seen this one yet, but Ong Bak convinced me that that Tony Jaa is a force to be reckoned with. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:04:19 PM »

I salute both of you, but martial arts movies just make me shut down. I watched unleashed a while back and detested every second. BLeeeeehhhhhh.... Anyways glad you guys enjoyed it.
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:07:10 PM »

the movie definitely kicked total ass.  and i'm not just saying that because of the sexy thai "evil underling." though he was very VERY cute and was pretty badass for a "midboss" type.

Muay Thai is just such a mobile, energetic style, it's a lot of fun to watch (though probably not fun to be on the receiving end of).  also, there are a couple points in the movie where Tony Jaa uses some Thai stickfighting, which is really cool.

the best thing about this movie, i think, is that there've been fighting games with Muay Thai characters, and we've all sat there going "no way.  a real guy can't do that move." and Tony Jaa definitely does them!  (on a side-note...the movie felt a lot like a Tekken game to me.  XD  or possibly like a Thai version of Yakuza (which jarrod picked up and i've been watching him play).)

also, i wouldn't really call unleashed a martial arts movie.  it was too heavy on the plot and drama.  if you're looking for an action-drama, unleashed is great.  but if you're just looking for martial arts, it's a dragging, draining experience that leaves you a bit unsatisfied.  i'm really looking forward to Fearless, however. <3

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 03:43:26 AM »

maybe it was unleashed but I doubt it. I just hated the 5-10-15 minute fight scenes. I'm not saying it's easy to do and certainly I apperciate the skill/talent it takes, but it does nothing for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: