http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:58:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have separate "Road to Gold's" for PC and C  (Read 1617 times)
Grifman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 12:29:42 AM »

Seeing as how ya''ll say that you intend to cover PC games more, can we get separate forums for each of these for RTG.  I really don't care about console games, and hate searching through there for PC games.  Just a suggestion.

Grifman
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:05:23 PM »

Didn't we have the two mixed together at GG?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:55:31 PM »

Actually, no.  All console traffic, except trades and values, ended up in the console forum.  Road to Gold was PC only, especially since it was supposed to tie in with the site feature of the same name.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 03:02:31 PM »

I personally take the re-opening of "Road to Gold" as a mostly PC section.  The reason it was closed was because we felt all that kind of talk could happen in the General Gaming forum for consoles.  We may need to revisit splitting Road to Gold and adding a "PC" and "Console" one, but it all depends on if Console Gaming Forum discussion grows exponentially or not.

That's my take on it at least.  Both are allowed in Road to Gold, but I consider it a more PC-centric forum.  To make it even easier, maybe people should put [PC] or [Console name] after the game of discussion, that way it is easily filtered for the readers.  Just an idea though.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 10:54:02 PM »

I agree, Fox.  It's just not often that we talk too much about a console title going gold.  These announcements (with the exception of something like Halo 2) just don't drum up that much excitement.  Perhaps that says something about the hardcore audience some of the PC titles have, but I agree with your thinking.  The console gold announcement discussions are few and far between so they fit just fine in the console section.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: