http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble installing Borderlands (help please)  (Read 1146 times)
Ragnarok
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »

I've made a couple of attempts at installing this and each time the installer has gotten hung up while "checking for AMD driver update (if applicable)".  The computer goes silent (no disk spin or HD movement) and the progress bar stays empty.  I've left it for 30 minutes and come back without any change.  I have an AMD 4400+ dual core and am running Win 7 64.  Any suggestions?  I'll have to check again but I'm pretty sure I have all the drivers updated.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »

try compatability mode. i don't really know. i use steam now Tongue

I don't even know why it would be checking amd drivers, those aren't even needed really. unless it's confusing amd with ati. do you have an ati card? i've never seen a game check your mobo drivers lol.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »

Installing AMD processor driver(if applicable)...

That is the exact message.  So its not checking(my bad), just trying to install a driver? wtf.

I have a 7800GTX card as well.

Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »

Ok, thanks anyway.

This fixed it:

"Copy the contents of your DVD to your hard drive. We're going to install it from your hard drive now, but before we do, we need to make a change (something we couldn't do on the DVD.)

Go into the Prerequisites folder and delete the amdcpusetup.exe. Then make a copy of the vcredist_x86.exe and call that file 'amdcpusetup.exe'. Be careful not to just rename the original vcredist_x86.exe, but copy it first and then rename it. This way, the installer will think it is installing the amd drivers but will really just re-install the vcredist.
"

From Gearbox Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: