http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 11:17:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am the trade-in deals master!  (Read 1438 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2005, 01:52:48 AM »

Okay so first thing I did was trade in these games to Blockbuster Last Night:

GBA- Sword of Mana 10$
GBA- Namco Museum 9$
GBA- Fire Emblem 14$
GBA- Konami Collectors Series Arcade Advanced 6.50$
GCN- Auto Modellisat 25$!!!
GCN- Star Fox Assault 40$!
GCN- NCAA 2004 13$
GCN- Madden 2004 8$
PS2- R-type Final 15$

I ended up with 147 bucks after tax.

Then today I went in with my store credit and bought 21! Yeah 21 9.99 used PS2, Xbox and Gamecube games, with the buy 2 get 1 deal it totalled 146.86! I had no duplicates and ALL of them were useable in the EB trade three and get a PSP game free deal. I couldn't even tell you what games they were because they're listed on my receipt as Prepack PPG w/o cover

Here's the one issue, some EB's are tough about not having boxes and instructions when it comes to trade in deals, some aren't. Well the reason I was able to get the games at Blockbuster is because they didn't have anything other than the disk.

I haggled some with the EB manager, and I was able to turn my 21 games around for 6 PSP games and one PSP game pre-order, or to the tune of 280 bucks. I doubled the money.

So on my way home I took the games to another EB and returned them for store credit and picked up a bunch of stuff that I've been wanting lately.

Not a bad haul and I have CAG to thank for it.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 02:24:21 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Okay so first thing I did was trade in these games to Blockbuster Last Night:

GCN- Auto Modellisat 25$!!!

Wow, that's QUITE a good trade-in price!  My friends and I like to go on wild-goose chases when we go about trading in games for credit.  It's all about finding those deals!  And then finding even better ones!

But wow, quite a story.  Nicely done!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 02:38:18 AM »

I had NO idea you could trade games in to Blockbuster!

/runs to blockbuster
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 03:04:16 AM »

I think they mean gamerush, bbs game store. there are not too many of them around unfortunately, i cant find any near me frown
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 03:12:57 AM »

I did the same thing to get my PsP games, Tebunker.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 03:21:29 AM »

jesus. 25 for auto modelista....would be worth it to go to eb/gamestop to buy one and trade it in at blockbuster.  

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/231047.asp

see?

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 03:22:52 AM »

Now THAT is how it's done!!

You should be commended.

I did the same for my PSP games too.

Gaming isn't all that expensive if you're willing to work for it!!! CAG is a great resource!

Oh, and I guess that means you got a PSP?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 03:27:05 AM »

Quote from: "jessie"
jesus. 25 for auto modelista....would be worth it to go to eb/gamestop to buy one and trade it in at blockbuster.  

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/231047.asp

see?

Tebunker appears to have traded in the GCN version.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 03:45:48 AM »

What is this CAG thing?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 04:08:18 AM »

www.cheapassgamer.com

And pretty much EVERY blockbuster trades in games, and they all have the same deals, you just gotta ask, and you have to pretty much inform the sales clerks. I heard the promo running on their own tapes in store about the trade in 3 and get an extra 5 bucks for all but a few GCN, XBOX, PS2, NDS, GBA or  PSP games up to 10 games at once, and the clerk didn't even know about the deal his manager had to tell him. It's been going on for almost three weeks.

You really have to slap your forehead sometimes.

So yeah you can clean up in there. Hell I pretty much rented Star Fox with the credit they gave me, and for most of those I got more credit than what I paid for them.

It really helped that the EB guy worked with me, because I spent a long time in Blockbuster picking out 21 different games that aren't excluded from their trade in deals, you can get the list off of www.ebgames.com and click on the store trade in promotions link on the bottom left hand side, and I combed through their racks without a SINGLE person asking if I needed help or saying hi. Woe is me! Mea Culpa ! Mea Culpa! :lol:  :roll:

Anyways, definately ckeck out cheapassgamer.com because you will never pay full price for games again, NEVER ever. You will allways find the best deals, and if you're like me you'll spend a few days putting together three or four deals in order to take the advantage Back from EB and Gamestop and those other gamestores that don't give you good trade in deals.

I'm halfway contemplating doing it again to actually get me a PSP.

Today I got a DS, three DS games, phantom bave for PS2 and the 1 year warranty on the DS at no out of pocket costs. So I figure why not have my cake and eat it too? maybe I'll scrap up some more stuff to bring back to BB and do it all over again.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 05:45:17 AM »

Great work, Tebunker! I saw that post at CAG and figured it had to be you. FYE is another store that gives similar crazy trade-in prices. I sold back ESPN NHL 2K4 (yes, 4) for $15 (I paid $5 at the CC sale) and World Championship Pool for $17 (I paid $15) and picked up Metal Gear Ac!d for $9.99, leaving me $2 the richer. I had boxed up many of my GBA games, but my FYE unfortunately doesn't buy those back.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 07:30:05 AM »

Now that, THAT is how you do a trade-in!

Damn I better go check out a Blockbuster, I got a few games I plan to eBay, but seems Blockbuster is the way to go. A buck or two is worth getting around the hassles of eBay.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 05:35:23 PM »

Get yer ass back in gear and grab a cheap PSP!

This way you can do your own comparisons!

Once again - Good work!   biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: