http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 08:40:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got to try a 360 this week...  (Read 1062 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2005, 05:54:35 PM »

Went to a trade show for work, and they had 360s playable.  They were running playable demos of Kameo, Full Auto, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Ridge Racer 6, and non-interactives of PGR3 and Perfect Dark 0.

First of all, the controller is definitely smaller and lighter than the current XB controller, even the wireless with the battery pack.  The feel is virtually identical, though the triggers are thinner and don't feel as heavy on the pull.  The repositioned black and white buttons work much better as shoulder buttons.

As for the graphics, if you think it looks good in pictures, wait until you see it playing on an HDTV.  Looked absolutely phenomenal.  I can't wait to see this running on my 57" set.

Any questions, ask away.

markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:57:45 PM »

So they had a playable demo of Full Auto?  I had that one on my radar as a launch day purchase but then I heard a rumor it was delayed and I have heard absolutely nothing about it since.  How was it by the way?  And what can you tell me about PD0 and Kameo - I have them pre-ordered so I'm hoping they were impressive!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 06:05:45 PM »

Is PGR going to be ready for launch?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:09:47 PM »

Kameo looked excellent.  The control scheme takes some getting used to.  The face buttons are used to switch between forms, and the shoulder buttons control abilities like jumping or punching.  A neat part was that there's a big wooly ice creature you can use that has ice spikes sticking out of his back that you can throw sniper-style.  He can also grab enemies, then stick them on the spikes and carry them around, then later either throw them or use them as a club.  Definitely a darker feel than I was expecting, and should be neat.

Full Auto is one I've been looking forward to as well.  As advertised, it's a cross between Burnout and Twisted Metal.  It focuses a lot more on the destruction than the speed, but the explosions are really nice.  My favorite part was that one of the cars is basically the Batmobile from the first Batman movie.  It did get delayed until Feb, and the demo looked like it needed some work.  The car damage didn't increment smoothly, and some of the weapons would fire, but pass through everything.  If they get the bugs worked out, it's a defniite buy.

PD0 was vastly improved from the videos shown from E3.  This one wasn't playable, but they showed a partial level walkthrough being played co-op over live (yay!), as well as a little bit of multiplayer against bots.  Honestly, the bot AI looked pretty weak.  We'll see what happens when it ships, but right now CoD2 is the FPS of choice for me.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »

Oh Joanna, you had me at co-op over Live.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »

They're saying that PGR is about 85% there, and they're still saying launch.  

Whenever it comes out, be ready to be wowed.  The photos and videos don't do this thing justice.  They have this excellent depth of field motion blur effect that took me completely by surprise.  I can see it being a problem if you're prone to motion sickness.  The woman running the demo also said that the photo mode will be just as robust as GT4, which is another huge plus.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 06:56:59 PM »

Did you get the Oblivion DVD that they have been handing out at the recent trade shows? It has a bunch of new footage on it and making-of stuff.

They were handing them out at the Gamestop conference as well as some others...

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 06:59:26 PM »

I got to play Tony Hawk American Wasteland and COD2 yesterday.  Both are embargoed so I can't talk about them quite yet.  Tomorrow for COD2 and Tuesday (I believe) for THAW. smile

As for the 360...hot damn, I was blown away by how powerful that hardware was and those weren't even final dev kits!!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »

Alright dangit...

We're under 2 months to release....  where is the deluge of screenshots, previews, and news releases from MS?   In fact... where is the WOW shots, hints, revelations, etc?

I want to be in agony over waiting on my 360.   I also am feverishly trying to convince a friend to get one instead of waiting for a PS3.    These things would certainly help that cause!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »

Alright, I love you. Thank you for making the next 7 weeks even worse!! I seriously cannot wait.  Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 10:22:26 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
Alright dangit...

We're under 2 months to release....  where is the deluge of screenshots, previews, and news releases from MS?   In fact... where is the WOW shots, hints, revelations, etc?

I want to be in agony over waiting on my 360.   I also am feverishly trying to convince a friend to get one instead of waiting for a PS3.    These things would certainly help that cause!

Just tell them we won't see a PS3 until 2006, probably 2007 if Sony does it's usual 'Japan only for 6 months' launch for it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: