http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 12:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention female gamers! Atari wants to hear your opinions!  (Read 2427 times)
vslav99
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2006, 07:47:44 PM »

Calling all female gamers!

I represent AEG (www.aeginfo.com), and we're working with Atari on their upcoming Xbox 360 racer Test Drive Unlimited. Atari has recently posted a survey designed to help them get a better understanding of what aspects of driving/racing games are important to female gamers. Atari would like to better serve the female gaming community and their upcoming racing title Test Drive Unlimited is shaping up to be one of the most exciting titles in recent memory. Still, they would like imput from female gamers to make this title even more enjoyable.

Please answer the following questions (and enter to win a free copy of the game) letting them know what features and details you'd like to see in racing games - http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=o8rk7m7uywy14dn187905

This is a legitimate survey that has been created by Atari and AEG; more info on the survey can be found here http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521056

The folks at Atari would like to thank in advance everyone who participates in their survey. Giving out contact information is not required, but it is necessary in order to become eligible for a free copy of Test Drive Unlimited. If you have any questions about the survey, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks from Atari and AEG for your time and suggestions!
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »

I am MAAAAAN, baby!
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:09:25 PM »

lol....but i'd say i'm a somewhat atypical female gamer.... XD

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 08:14:30 PM »

I wonder if there's a question(s) on that form about weapons  Cool

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »

If it mentions M60's, M.Moriarty'll be all over it like white on rice.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 08:45:26 PM »

the guys on AtariCommunity were really asinine about it.

they said things like:

"never take women into consideration when making a racing game, if they do you will probably get interactions like:

customise avatars lipstic in car mirror
parrallel parking aid

and getting silly things like:

lamborghini's availible in bubblegum pink
rose tinted glasses
a collection of 30,000,000 pairs of shoes availible to buy for your avatar"

now i know why i'm a member of GamingTrend instead.

and for those ignorant pigs' information: 1) i put lipstick on before i get in a car. 2) who the hell would play a racing game that required you to parallel park? 3) i think the virtual life aspect in racing is retarded ("money" in a racing game should only go to upgrading your car, not making you some cute little virtual mansion *eyeroll*). 4) lambourghini does make cars in bubblegum pink.

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »

lol, the questions are really open-ended; there was one about "what do you like most in a racing game" and i mentioned gameplay beyond pure racing (e.g. Demolition Racer, Burnout, Full Auto).

Currently Playing:
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »

hmm.. what do I like most in a racing game:  Guns.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 10:40:31 PM »

Quote from: "vslav99"
Calling all female gamers!

I represent AEG (www.aeginfo.com), and we're working with Atari on their upcoming Xbox 360 racer Test Drive Unlimited. Atari has recently posted a survey designed to help them get a better understanding of what aspects of driving/racing games are important to female gamers. Atari would like to better serve the female gaming community and their upcoming racing title Test Drive Unlimited is shaping up to be one of the most exciting titles in recent memory. Still, they would like imput from female gamers to make this title even more enjoyable.

Please answer the following questions (and enter to win a free copy of the game) letting them know what features and details you'd like to see in racing games - http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=o8rk7m7uywy14dn187905

This is a legitimate survey that has been created by Atari and AEG; more info on the survey can be found here http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521056

The folks at Atari would like to thank in advance everyone who participates in their survey. Giving out contact information is not required, but it is necessary in order to become eligible for a free copy of Test Drive Unlimited. If you have any questions about the survey, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks from Atari and AEG for your time and suggestions!

These guys are ok - feel free to participate. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »

Question: exactly how is this NOT an advrtisement?  This is a post by someone who has absolutely no use for these boards other than to gather info on us.  Ron, this is obviously just my opinion, but if these guys aren't paying you, you should be drop kicking this fucking thing off the board.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 11:34:21 PM »

The current Viral Marketeer Alert Level, as established by the Department of Transportation, is YELLOW.

Please report any unattended baggage or suspicious activity to the nearest law enforcement officer.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 12:44:57 AM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
Question: exactly how is this NOT an advrtisement?  This is a post by someone who has absolutely no use for these boards other than to gather info on us.  Ron, this is obviously just my opinion, but if these guys aren't paying you, you should be drop kicking this fucking thing off the board.

Well, not exactly.  This company is the PR company that represents Microsoft, Atari, and a few other big names.  They read our front page on a daily basis and lurk our forums.  They want to learn what makes female gamers tick, and they are coming to us for our opinion.  This is a chance for us to have a direct impact on what gets built in the future.  If it was the guy from Atari coming in here going "Joo n33d 2 cheque out teh Full Auto 2.  It is made of win!" and had a link, it'd be a different story, ya know?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 01:47:27 AM »

Attention Female Gamers: Your services are required at my apartment.

Nachos will be provided.

That is all.
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 03:59:47 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Attention Female Gamers: Your services are required at my apartment.

Nachos will be provided.

That is all.

I lol'd.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »

+1 ... lol'iing was definately happening here.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »

So, it's a company whose job it is to sell you a company who is trying to sell you something? :?  Not an advertisement...how? biggrin

As for the nature of their 'getting our opinions': if there were 10000 gaming geek girls on this site, and they all responded, "I'm a violent lesbian who is a goth fetishist", do you think we'd actually get to see, Suicide Girls, the FPS game?  As a matter of fact, I think we should all claim we're women and test that theory.

[aside - PR is a division of Marketing - as such, they already have their opinion, and no input they receive will change it.]

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »

I think the difference KD is trying to illustrate is this:

These are people we're already working with, they're just wanting a bit more direct input from our readers.  

The site is filled with advertising.  That's what all those ads are after all.  Honestly, you could consider reviews and previews advertising as well, in many ways.

In this case?  It's folks coming to us specifically and touching on a topic that I personally applaud:  getting women more interested in gaming.  Yes, it's about a particular game, but that's because /that's the game that they're working on/.  

IMO, this is very low on the scale of annoyances.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
I thought it was amusing, though I did not actually lol.  Sort of cracked a half-grin.  Still, well worth the click and the time it took to read the post.  I'd give it a +0.92.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 09:25:04 PM »

i'm all for them asking for female gamer input.

obviously there are too many laymen out there who can't distinguish between the two very different species: The Common Female (sorority chickus) and The Female Gamer (chickus kick-your-assus).  and those ignorant slobs think i want Sorority Shopping Spree III when i really have a burning need for them to hurry up with Samurai Warriors II.

Currently Playing:
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
unbreakable
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

I heard if not enough women gamers reply, they will open it up to guys who play Sims 2 on an iMac.  It's a transitive demographic.
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 11:41:04 PM »

ouch.

y'know, unbreakable, i consider that a horrible insult to female gamers.  the "guys who play Sims 2 on the iMac" crowd are a social strata far below that of female gamers.  they're somewhere in there with "people whose eyeglass lenses are thicker than one inch," "people who wear pocket protectors for no good reason," and "people who like AOL."

Currently Playing:
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

Quote from: "MerianMoriarty"
ouch.

y'know, unbreakable, i consider that a horrible insult to female gamers.  the "guys who play Sims 2 on the iMac" crowd are a social strata far below that of female gamers.  they're somewhere in there with "people whose eyeglass lenses are thicker than one inch," "people who wear pocket protectors for no good reason," and "people who like AOL."

Oh snap.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 01:47:48 AM »

I'm not sure how accurate their survey is going to be anyways.   There's probably a bunch of guys taking the survey for a chance to win a free copy.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »

ouch.

wait...you're actually female???  and real???  all this time i assumed jarrodhk simply used the voice alteration tool on his 360 headset, invented a "roommate", then spent his gaming time switching between the voices.  

...well, i'll have to stop referring to him as "Sybil" from now on.

Tongue

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »

Man I only wish I could manage to play two characters simultaneously in Graw smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 08:21:34 AM »

How about input from virtual(=fake) female gamer.smile I don't like racing games, but if you want to make me play one then at least make it easy enough with driving aid feature and make the AI opponents scale back to match my bad driving game skill so that I can win.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 03:22:57 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Quote from: "Purge"
I thought it was amusing, though I did not actually lol.  Sort of cracked a half-grin.  Still, well worth the click and the time it took to read the post.  I'd give it a +0.92.

Nice smile You be the French Judge, I'll be the ruskie. slywink

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Man I only wish I could manage to play two characters simultaneously in Graw smile

So you could die twice as badly? slywink

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 03:26:44 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
How about input from virtual(=fake) female gamer.smile

There IS an estrogen validation. During the survey they make you pee on a stick, and send a webcam shot of yourself.

MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »

"real"?  of course i'm not real!  and i'm certainly not a girl!  and i definitely wouldn't play video games if i were both real and a girl at the same time!

<-- that picture there? that's just some random hot japanese chick.

XD

now now, purge, jarrod doesn't die *that* much in graw...not all the time, anyway.......

hepcat: keep calling him "Sybil" if you want.   :lol:

and conclusive proof that jarrod and i aren't the same person: i'm much shorter, i'm far more violent, and i love sappy RPGs like FFX and Kingdom Hearts.

Currently Playing:
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »

that's just some random hot japanese chick.

Who said anything about hot? slywink Besides, JarrodHK has access to the intarweb; I'm sure he stole that pick from the net somewhere.

MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 07:20:25 AM »

who said anything about hot?

*boot to the head*

oh, nobody.  ^_^

Currently Playing:
<XBox> ...
<PSP> dead head
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: