http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 03:51:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone get UEFA Euro 2004?  (Read 1720 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2004, 05:58:22 PM »

Getting pretty good reviews so far...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 10:01:14 PM »

OK. Fine. I got it now.

Had a CC GC for $10 and you got a $10 GC with it so I figured I'd try it out.

I like it. I know I'll hear from the WE crowd and I'm fully ready to admit that WE is a better game for those of you who know the sport far more than I do. I only semi-follow 1 team (Inter) so I'm not an authority on the sport by any means. It's kinda the same as what EA does with hockey, it's fun, but may not be the best representation of the sport available. I found myself winning everything in 2 star game in WE but couldn't do anything with 3 star and got frustrated.

Anyway - I took my Vieri-led Italian team to battle against the always tough boys from Malta and came away with a 1-0 win. Gameplay was smooth, graphics are nice, sound was great and it was easy to get into.

That's my very high level, soccer idiot, thoughts on the game. I'm sure it was no help to anyone but if you have specific questions, Id be more than happy to answer them!

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 01:37:58 AM »

I was wondering if there has been any mention of modding this game?  The mods for FIFA are outstanding, but I have read it is a bit limited in that you just play the EURO tournament.  Is this the case here or did I just read that wrong?

How does this game compare to the FIFA games from this year and years past?  Is it just a different license on the same engine/gameplay similar to what EA did with FIFA 2002 and FIFA World Cup 2002?

Basically I am wondering if I should go with this or with the usual FIFA update.  I haven't tried WE or the others, but like you I am just a casual observer that enjoys the video games versions.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 03:20:43 PM »

Wow! I'm not the only one in this thread!! :wink:

While I like the game and think it plays closer to WE than the last FIFA, I would recommend waiting until the next FIFA at this point.
There is only the Euro tourney (if you don't mod) and the new FIFA is kinda right around the corner.

I picked it up out of frustration with WE and my ability to get it cheap. If you are in the same situation, it's worth a shot.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 05:47:51 PM »

Thanks.  With room for only one soccer game in my library I am going to follow your advice and wait for FIFA.  Unless, of course, I get caught up in the madness while watching some of the tournament!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 07:30:14 PM »

i really liek the fifa franchise, it seems like people whoi think the way i do are rapidly decreasing in number. all the forums ive looked on are panning the new game. i really like it and ive liked the ones before, i think it is the best soccer game out there now. the new UEFA coudl change my mind though. i havent played it yet, but it looks very stuning.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 12:29:57 AM »

I was REALLY close to getting Euro 2004 (only because I was IN France during the 2000 tournament and partied with the french when they won it all...so the Euro tournament is close to my heart), but after reading this, I think I'll wait for the next FIFA as well.

Just like you, Devil, I got WE and holy cow, the 3-star difficulty pissed me off.  I played all throughout high school and came to learn the game itself well, but at the 3-star difficulty, it was nearly impossible to score.  I would win my 2-star difficulty games pretty handily, but argh.  I got so frusrated.  So it sounds like I'm in the same boat as you and just like my man Stiff, I'm gonna follow your advice  :lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 12:31:46 AM »

Exactly the same ML!!

Looking forward to X-Box Live FIFA!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print