http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 12:40:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [XB1]Forza 5  (Read 6979 times)
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »

ninja

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:51 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 03, 2013, 10:31:37 AM

Sparhawk I detest your drivatar

Yeah Grue's is a bit of a bastard as well,pretty much constantly i get hit from behind,bam bam bam bam all the way through the race  *Fist Shaking*

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »

I'm really finding myself enjoying Forza 5 a lot more than I expected to. The game could definitely use more tracks and the AI is fucking awful at driving anything above A Class, but otherwise I'm way more engrossed than I have been in any Forza game since... maybe the first one actually. It's good.

Feel free to add me on XBL for hot lap chasing. I don't see myself racing online at all, but maybe my Dravatar can ram a few of you off the road slywink

XBL: TehGellar
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2014, 08:46:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 03, 2014, 07:08:35 PM

Feel free to add me on XBL for hot lap chasing. I don't see myself racing online at all, but maybe my Dravatar can ram a few of you off the road slywink

XBL: TehGellar

Yup,same here Gellar,i will send you a request,the more people i know when driving the more fun it is

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2014, 06:32:01 PM »

Ok, just got this (despite some difficulties using the Xbone store...) and here are some super duper preliminary impressions.

Graphics are fantastic, except there seem to be a lot of shimmery jaggies on some of the lines of the cars.  It's less noticeable if the camera stays still, but as the camera pans around the little white jaggies flicker and become more prominent

Boku bonus points for having the Subaru BRZ available as a starter car.  I'm a big Subaru fanboy and just recently I was thinking of checking out the BRZ at a dealership just to try and wiggle my way into a test drive.

Drivatar concept is fantastic.  It was such a trip in my first race to see GTers names as my opponents, and as I would have expected in a live match I was passing up people I would generally beat in live multiplayer and ended up with me and Gellar battling for 1st.  Too early for me to tell for sure if it's imitating driving styles well, but at the very least it was nice to have my AI opponents not all driving the same line identically.

Music sucks so far.  Epic instrumental/chorale music isn't want I want in a racing game.  Hoping something more rock or pop shows up, but I usually turn off the music in these games anyhow.

Cockpit view looks great.

Gamepad controls are awesome.  The Forza games have always been one of the better racing games for controller use, but the trigger force feedback seems really really well done.  That said, I still wish I could plug in my 360 steering wheel.  disgust
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2014, 06:46:24 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 03, 2014, 06:32:01 PM

Drivatar concept is fantastic.  It was such a trip in my first race to see GTers names as my opponents, and as I would have expected in a live match I was passing up people I would generally beat in live multiplayer and ended up with me and Gellar battling for 1st. 

Cool! I actually like that if possible, the game gives you both the Dravatars car and paint scheme.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 03, 2014, 06:46:24 PM

Drivatar concept is fantastic.  It was such a trip in my first race to see GTers names as my opponents, and as I would have expected in a live match I was passing up people I would generally beat in live multiplayer and ended up with me and Gellar battling for 1st. 

Cool! I actually like that if possible, the game gives you both the Dravatars car and paint scheme.

That is pretty nifty.  What would make it not possible, if the player didn't have a car for a challenge's requirements or something?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 03, 2014, 06:48:20 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 03, 2014, 06:46:24 PM

That is pretty nifty.  What would make it not possible, if the player didn't have a car for a challenge's requirements or something?

That seems to be the case.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »

The drivatar thing also rewires how I do my own driving.  If I was just playing against cold, heartless AI, I wouldn't have any issues pushing other cars out of my way.  In older Forzas, especially off the starting lane I'd be a happier camper if I shoved my way to the front in the first few turns so I could just drive unimpeded the rest of the race.  In this one, I don't want my drivatar to turn into an asshole, so I'm trying to ease up and wait for clean passes.  There's also an extra level of guilt for shoving an AI driver named Teggy out of the way instead of Anonymous Bot #23.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2014, 06:42:03 AM »

Free track 'Road America' today

Forza Motorsport 5 has had dozens, nay hundreds of cars as DLC over the past few months, with nary a track in sight. Until now. Today sees the release of the 'Road America' track for Forza 5, adding a new circuit to race in the game when you download it for free.

The free track is apparently to coincide with some impressive Forza Motorsport 5 stats, with the game becoming the best-selling by console attach rate in more than a decade, with over a third of Xbox One owners purchasing the game. That in turn has evented in 653 million road miles being recorded by the community, across over 94 million races, amd a combined 8 million hours of total gameplay.

Road America is one of North America's "oldest and most distinguished tracks", and will be integrated into the game's Career mode, bonus events, Rivals Mode, multiplayer and so on. It coincides with the release of the Road America Booster Pack, which includes five new cars, free for Car Pass owners.

The five Forza Motorsport 5 Road America Booster Pack cars are the 2006 #2 Audi Sport North America R8, 1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, 1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4, 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, and the 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series. Both the Road America track and Booster Pack are out now. Check out screens and a trailer below.

The trailer and screens in the link

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:31 PM »

I see they released another new free track with Long Beach (video and news here) that has the full track and 2 shorter routes.

I just got Forza 5 as a birthday gift so I suppose I'll be installing that all night and giving it a whirl this weekend.  I had originally preordered it with the XBone but then pulled back once I saw how limited the track choices were.  Hopefully the addition of the 2 free tracks helps to somewhat flesh out the variety. 

I think I'm most excited to see what the deal is with the rumble triggers in this game. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2014, 11:36:44 PM »

still waiting impatiently for an affordable wheel (and fightstick)
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 18, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

I think I'm most excited to see what the deal is with the rumble triggers in this game. 

Effectively worthless. Didn't notice them really.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2014, 11:11:27 PM »

I feel the opposite, I noticed them and they definitely helped me know when I was losing traction.  Still wish I had a wheel though.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2014, 01:24:41 AM »

Wow, the rumble triggers are essential for me in Forza. Subtle yet very effective

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2014, 02:10:06 PM »

Loaded up Forza last night and this morning for the first time in forever.  Didn't realize they patched in the ability to quit out after a race instead of having to load up the next track and then quit out from there.  I think I'll actually play this a bit now.

Oh, one question.  Is there a way to see car class limits for a race?  I have done a couple in the Vintage series and my Trans Am gets smoked on straightaways.  I want to upgrade, but not sure if there is a ceiling on class.  I couldn't see one and I went and upgraded the Trans Am to C and it looks like it will be accepted, but then I wonder what the upper limit is.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »

Definitely confused on how to tell if a car is qualified beforehand.  So that Trans Am that I moved up to C class....I went to run the next race in the event and it made me downgrade back to D for the race.  I wasn't seeing anywhere where I could have known that ahead of time and even more confusing is the race I ran was against a bunch of other Trans Ams, all which could smoke me on a straightaway.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »

been awhile since I played it, but I seem to remember that when you browse the races it tells you whether you have a qualifying car in your garage.

and isn't there a number related to your car? Like "500" "493" etc? You want to upgrade your car to the max allowed for that class race.

or am I thinking of GT6 instead?  retard

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 23, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

been awhile since I played it, but I seem to remember that when you browse the races it tells you whether you have a qualifying car in your garage.

and isn't there a number related to your car? Like "500" "493" etc? You want to upgrade your car to the max allowed for that class race.

or am I thinking of GT6 instead?  retard

That's the thing.  It said I had a qualifying car, but technically I had 3 qualifying cars and it didn't tell me the Trans Am had issues until I went to actually try it and that is when it said I had to downgrade.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »

Huh, it's always told me that I should upgrade my car for the race/series.  I'm not sure if there are some that don't or what.  I also don't recall seeing a performance grade for the series itself.

Quote from: gellar on April 19, 2014, 10:54:52 PM

I wouldn't say totally worthless, but they are not nearly as good or as useful as I was hoping.  Maybe it's because I run with stability and traction control?  It looks like most of my friends list does as well, so I assumed that wasn't a "dumb noob" thing to do.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:16 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 23, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Quote from: gellar on April 19, 2014, 10:54:52 PM

I wouldn't say totally worthless, but they are not nearly as good or as useful as I was hoping.  Maybe it's because I run with stability and traction control?  It looks like most of my friends list does as well, so I assumed that wasn't a "dumb noob" thing to do.

I think I run with those things off (or did when I played), so I don't think that's it.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »

So they released the full 16 miles of the famed Nurburgring today for free.  That makes the third free track now since launch, which is hopefully making people finally feel pretty good about this game as a whole.

GameSpot has a pretty good article up about the making of the track including this fine quote:
"The time we put into Nürburgring is worth probably four or five regular tracks," says Wendl. "From a sheer production perspective, it takes forever. We had over 30 artists working on it for 13,000 man-hours. It's just an incredible effort to build this thing."

Oh, and I also noticed that the car pass is on sale for Gold members for only $33 instead of $50.  Which is an even better deal now that they've just turned it into 8 packs of 10 cars instead of 6 packs.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »

I can't get Forza to run at all.

At best, I get the splash screen, then it dumps me to the desktop (or whatever they call it).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:39 AM »

I'm pretty pissed that we still don't have an affordable steering wheel or fight stick option
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

Looks like Microsoft is starting a free weekend deal for Xbox Live Gold members, and Forza 5 is first on the list: http://www.shacknews.com/article/86109/forza-motorsport-5-free-this-weekend-on-xbox-one-for-gold-members

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: