If you saw my Xenoshyft review from last year or my Best of 2015 Tabletop Games, then you know how much I enjoy this game. While it is a fun game to play solo, sometimes you wish there was a way to play it with others without shuffling multiple decks. Now that’s possible, with its arrival on Steam.
Today, March 29, 2016, CoolMiniOrNot is pleased to announce its critically-acclaimed, cooperative survival deckbuilding game XenoShyft is now available to purchase on Steam through the PC and Mac clients. In XenoShyft, one to four players each control a Division of the NorTec military, and only by working together can players ensure victory over The Hive and complete NorTec’s filed operations.
XenoShyft made its successful transition from tabletop to mobile devices last year with its release on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. CMON is happy to offer gamers more options in how they play XenoShyft while bringing all the different platforms together. Thanks to cross-platform multiplayer, players will be able to join forces with users on iOS, Android, or Steam.
- 1 – 4 players – Single player compatible; fully cooperative, cross-platform gameplay; local cooperative gameplay.
- Steam Achievements, Cloud Saves, and Stats.
- Base-Defense with deck-building elements – Recruit and equip troops using the valuable Xenosathem to protect the NorTec base.
- Strong focus on coordination and strategic planning – To overcome the game’s intense difficulty players will need to work together.
- Inventive and exciting armor and weapon upgrade cards – You’ll need to outfit your troops with the best equipment if you hope to survive.
- Incredible sci-fi inspired art – Illustrated by three amazing artists, XenoShyft features beautiful and consistent art. All of which creates one cohesive and frightening universe.
Players will be able to expand their XenoShyft game on Steam with four DLC packs:
- In the NorTec Elite expansion, troops that survive a round in their player’s lane will have the chance to be upgraded to heroes! Additionally, players will randomly find experimental versions of items in their item stacks.
- In the Grafting Lab expansion, players will be able to use the Grafting Lab Division and five new Graft equipment cards for their troops.
- In the Psychogenics Lab expansion, players will be able to use the Psychogenics Lab Division and five new Psychogenics cards for their troops.
- In The Hive Expansion, players will encounter five new types of Hive enemies per wave and one new boss card per wave!
- Players can join games even if they don’t own the DLC, but must own them if they wish to create games using them.
XenoShyft is $9.99 for the base game and will launch at 15% off. A Deluxe Edition is also available for $12.99 that includes the game and four DLC packs.
This is a steal for this game, and a great way to try it out if you are hesitant to buy the physical game. You also won’t need a powerhouse machine to play it. It’s only a mouse click away.