Yesterday, The Lo-Fi Apocalypse announced that its asymmetrical multiplayer game OBEY will head out of Early Access on May 12. The game tasks players with following or disobeying commands given to them by their enemies as they try to complete their own self-serving goals as adorable little bunnies.
OBEY is a unique multiplayer action game where winning means bribing and coercing your opponents into helping you win, and making themselves lose. To win, a player must make the most money by the end of the round. To make money the fastest, you must control the Robo. This allows you to enforce your will by using deadly force, as long as you can find any misbehaving opponents hiding in the dark.
However, experienced OBEY players know that it is not always in their interest to simply kill the approaching adversaries, but instead entice opponents to do their bidding… and that’s where things get interesting
- Unique asymetrical multiplayer gameplay mechanics
- Social and Psychological King-of-the-hill gameplay
- Stealth Gameplay mechanics
- Supports user created maps
- A buffet of items to creatively influence or trick opponents
- A complex world that allows for almost unlimited forms of deception
- Emergent gameplay springs from player psychology and self interest
- Explosive effects
- Really cool robot to control and explode bunnies with
- No internet connection required with local LAN support
- OBEY is currently available in Early Access on Windows, Mac, and Linux for $7.99. A 4-pack bundle is also available to purchase for $19.99.
Check out the trailer above, and stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.