Just announced at the Call Of Duty League 2022 Champs event, we will finally get the lowdown on what Modern Warfare II’s multiplayer will look like on September 15th. In this preview, titled Call Of Duty: Next, the future will be revealed, with plenty of info and surprises promised along the way. If you’re super excited for the next game, it’s time to bookmark that calendar. Oh, and that multiplayer beta we keep hearing about? Right behind Next on September 16th, starting on PlayStation. Get hyped, and take a look at all the intel straight from the Call Of Duty blog below.
Announcing Call of Duty®: Next, the Franchise Showcase Event, and Open Beta date times for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II.
Mark your calendars for September 15: The future of Call of Duty® will be revealed at Call of Duty: Next, a Franchise Showcase Event. Then clear your schedule for September 16–26: Detailed Beta dates and timing is locked and loaded. Here are the dates you need to know, and what to expect:
After the incredible conclusion to the Call of Duty: League™ 2022 Season at Championship Sunday, an equally impressive information drop at Champs during the show announced the dates where you can learn more about Call of Duty’s future, as well as the dates for the Modern Warfare® II Open Beta.
Critical intel to follow:
Announcing Call of Duty: Next
The announcement at Champs revealed the forthcoming Call of Duty: Next. What’s Next? This is an era-defining franchise event showcasing the immediate future of Call of Duty, broadcast on September 15, 2022. Presented by Infinity Ward, and featuring robust information drops detailing innovations, live gameplay, and a whole lot more, expect to learn the following:
- What the imminent future of Call of Duty will look like, including many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty®: Warzone™, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora).
- A full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal.
- A multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time.
- [[REDACTED]] information and surprises!
Note: If you missed the opportunity to obtain a code during Champs, make sure to keep an eye open for more opportunities to receive Early Access Beta Code drops!
Detailed Modern Warfare II Beta Dates
Ready to experience the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat before the launch of Modern Warfare II on October 28? Then prepare yourself for the Open Beta. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms, with players who preordered digitally, at retail, or received Beta codes gaining early access.
Note that Beta codes are tied to your Activision account, and are platform agnostic, meaning you can access the Beta on your hardware of choice.
The Modern Warfare II Beta is split into two playable Weekends, and early access is available for those with either digital or retail preorders:
Time to Play: Weekend One: First on PlayStation®(1)
The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation® 4 and PlayStation®5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday September 20. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.(2,3)
PlayStation Early Access: Those who preordered the game on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, or received a Beta code, can begin playing the Beta on Friday September 16 at 10 AM PT.
PlayStation Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Sunday, September 18 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday, September 20, is accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status. PlayStation players can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II, and unlock rewards available in-game at launch.
Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)(1)
The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26. Crossplay will be active allowing you to party up with friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: No matter whether you preordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 and 5 owners.
Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who preordered the game for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, or pre-purchased for PC via Blizzard Battle.net or Steam, can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10 AM PT. Xbox Live Gold is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net or Steam account.
Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10 AM PT to Monday, September 26, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II, unlock rewards available in-game at launch, and play together.
Modern Warfare II Beta: What to Expect(1)
The Modern Warfare II Beta is set to feature a robust multiplayer experience going beyond the Core 6v6 experience with a variety of meticulously designed maps of various sizes, and an equally impressive set of Modes, Progression experiences, and other aspects that will be more thoroughly revealed at Call of Duty: Next. In addition, at Champs we revealed a flythrough of Marina Bay Grand Prix, where combat occurs within the main infield of an urban race circuit, one of the 6v6 Multiplayer maps confirmed for the Beta. With a number of in-game rewards available for simply playing the Beta (that are available at the launch of MWII if you own the game), and a host of other innovations and surprises, expect an unparalleled intel drop at the Next event.
In addition to a variety of in-game rewards, players who preordered the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II will be able to utilize the following rewards during the Beta:
- All four of the Red Team 141 Operators – Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap – each wearing a special masked outfit.
- The FJX Cinder Weapon Vault.
Announcing Additional Intel Drops by Infinity Ward
Between now and the Next event, Modern Warfare II lead developers Infinity Ward is set to pull back the curtain on aspects of developing the game, giving you unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the innovations coming to the game. These series of intel drops will appear on IW’s Studio Channels with the first episode dropping soon. Be sure to follow Infinity Ward on Twitter, and check the Call of Duty Blog and Infinity Ward blog for more information.
Modern Warfare II Preorder Incentives
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Open Beta on your platform of choice, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Warzone™, as well as content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for preordering the game. For a full rundown, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
Preorder Modern Warfare II to receive:
- Access to the full game and Open Beta Early Access.
- Final Judgement Bundle(4): Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone.
Preorder the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
- All previously listed rewards.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault(5): We plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith at Call of Duty: Next, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips(6): If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack(7): 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.
(1) Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of MP Beta subject to change. See www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. Minimum Open Beta duration is 2 days. Limited time only, while Early Access Beta Codes last, at participating retailers. Online multiplayer subscription may be required.
(2) PS4™ and PS5™ owners in Germany will need a PS Plus subscription due to the game’s age rating.
(3) PS4 and PS5 owners in Japan must be at least 18 years old to use this content. The price of this content is 100 yen (tax included). At the time of purchase, regardless of the balance of the wallet, the same amount as the content price will be paid from the credit card. The same amount as the price will be returned to the wallet of the account that purchased this content.
(4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on preorder platform required to redeem Final Judgement Bundle. Sold/downloaded separately.
(5) Weapon Vault design limited to Weapon Vault contents at launch.
(6) Battle Pass and Tier Skips, or equivalent versions, will be accessible in Modern Warfare II once the Season 1 Battle Pass, or equivalent system, is made available in-game. Battle Pass redemption applies to one season of Modern Warfare II Battle Pass, or equivalent system, only.
(7) Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® / Call of Duty®: Warzone™ required to redeem Ghost Legacy Pack. Sold/downloaded separately. Must be redeemed by October 28, 2023. All pre-purchase customers are eligible to receive Ghost Legacy Pack rewards at a later date. However, Modern Warfare® (2019) & Warzone™ are not available on Steam. For more details please visit the Call of Duty® FAQ.
A mobile phone number must be linked to your Battle.net® and/or Steam Account to play Modern Warfare® II.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more Call Of Duty League news, info, videos, and more, and we’ll do our best to bring you content here and on our YouTube channel! You can follow the league both live and after hours on the official Call Of Duty League YouTube channel right here. If you want to jump into the game, check out CallOfDuty.com, and if you want to know more about it first, check out our review right here.