Post-launch plans for Far Cry 6 include free and paid content, with the paid content being available for purchase through either the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector Editions of the game or through the $39.99 season pass.
The season pass features three DLC episodes allowing the player to control Vaas, Pagan, and Joseph respectively as you make your way through experiences inspired by the roguelite genre and understand more of their motivations and backstories. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is also included with the season pass, as well as a set of usable items in Far Cry 6 that are inspired by Blood Dragon.
- One outfit: Blood Dragon Gear Set
- Two weapons: AJM9 and Kobracon
- One vehicle: Omega Enforcer
- One weapon charm: KillStar
- One Fang for Hire: K-9000
- One vehicle Chibi: Blood Dragon Chibi
The free offerings in Far Cry 6’s post-launch will include the following:
- Weekly insurgencies: Every week starting from launch – and available after the completion of the main campaign – partisans of Antón Castillo will rise across the island of Yara and pose new threats for players to eliminate. Players will need to track them down and upon completion, they can also earn some new gear updates.
- 6 Special Operations: Taking place in unique new areas in the world, these operations will introduce new gameplay mechanics as players must snatch highly unstable chemical weapons from Antón’s arms dealers and get to the extraction point before it overheats. First two locations – Mesozoico and Maceo – will be available at launch and other 4 maps will be upcoming additionally.
- 3 crossover missions featuring guest stars and beloved brands – Danny Trejo®, Rambo and Stranger Things TM.
Never would I have thought that Far Cry would crossover with Netflix shows and Danny Trejo, but here we are in the era of brand synergy and crossovers so nothing is off-limits any more.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.