Today, Blizzard announced that its 2018 Summer Games for Overwatch has officially begun from now until August 31. The event will offer more than 50 new 2018 Summer Games items as well as the return of fan-favorite mode Lúcioball complete with the all-new Busan Stadium.
The Summer Games return for more fun in the sun! This year, we’re celebrating the spirit of competition with a new Lúcioball arena and a smörgåsbord of loot. Unlock over 50 new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Waveracer D.Va, Fastball Zenyatta, and Cabana Ana—alongside our growing collection of summer gear from previous years.
- 50+ brand new 2018 Summer Games items as well as the whole suite of past exclusives, available in Summer Games Loot Boxes
- 6 new Legendary Skins – Cabana Ana, Fastball Zenyatta, Gridironhardt Reinhardt, Lacrosse Roadhog, Waveracer D.Va, and Catcher Winston
- 3 new Epic Skins – Mexicana Sombra, Éireannach Moira, and Tre Kronor Brigitte
- Over 200 total Summer Games themed cosmetics from throughout the years to collect!
Return of the Summer Games Exclusive Brawl, Lúcioball!
- An Overwatch twist on traditional football/soccer, each team pilots three Lúcios scoring goals on a playing field modified for use of his Wall Ride
- Control the ball with melee attacks or sound waves, make use of the Crossfade and Amp It Up abilities for mobility, as well as boost movement speed and jump height with the new Turbo Boost Ultimate
- Three unique arenas to play on, including the brand-new Busan Stadium, as well as the previous maps Sydney Harbour and Estádio das Rãs (Rio)
- Last year’s Copa Lúcioball returns, with the Competitive Play ladder structure and placement matches for players to show off their skills
Check out the sizzling new sizzle reel above, and stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.