Today we got a little more information about the next fifth edition adventure set in the Feywild- The Wild Beyond the Witchlight:
Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!
The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
The Wild Beyond the Witchlight introduces the opposite of the Dark Domain concept from the Raveloft & Strahd books- Domains of Delight. Specifically, the domain known as Prismeer, which is depicted on one side of the poster map, while the Witchlight Carnival adorns the other. This adventure for levels 1-8 is chock full of new goodies for DMs and players alike:
- This is the first official Dungeons & Dragons® adventure set primarily in the Feywild, the Plane of Faerie.
- The Witchlight Carnival, which serves as the means by which the characters enter the Feywild, can be dropped easily into any campaign setting.
- Players can create characters using one of two new races presented in this adventure, faeries and the harengon (rabbit folk).
- Two new character backgrounds are included: the Feylost (for characters who grew up in the Feywild) and the Witchlight Hand (for characters who work at the Witchlight Carnival).
- All encounters in the adventure include a non-combat option, allowing players to think and roleplay their way through the adventure if they wish.
- The adventure features the return of Warduke, Strongheart, Kelek and other classic D&D characters from the 1980s.
For those eager to immerse themselves even more in the fantastical land of the Fey and the magical Witchlight Carnival, a new Dice & Miscellany set may be in your future. The set includes:
- Eleven premium dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4)
- Durable, felt-lined box that doubles as two dice trays
- A beautifully illustrated, double-sided player-friendly foldout map with the Witchlight Carnival on one side and carnival concept art on the other
- Nineteen double-sided reference cards with descriptions and illustrations of characters, creatures, games, and other features of the Witchlight Carnival
Both the adventure book and the dice set hit stores September 21st!