Grab your axes and get ready to pillage; The Minnesota Rokkr Home Series for the Call Of Duty League begins today! Hot off a pretty standard week one where most every team beat who they should have, we approach the middle of the final stage with very few questions. There are some teams that can gain some ground mind you, but a lot is largely set in stone before Champs. Speaking of Champs, while we did mention you can buy tickets for the final Major, fans will also be in attendance for Champs, which will take place in Los Angeles. For now though, we have another week of online Call of Duty action to follow, check out this weeks storylines, current standings, and the schedule with watchable links below.
- What’s going on with the New York Subliners? Everyone thought getting Asim back after a discouraging first LAN event would be the boost they needed, but after a tough loss to a Los Angeles Thieves team everyone thought would have trouble figuring things out with their seventh starting lineup, and an implosion versus Chicago Optic, and suddenly New York may not even be able to hold onto the fourth spot, let alone make it to second. At least they’re playing the London Royal Ravens this week.
- Dallas Empire has no breathing room even with New York faltering, as Toronto Ultra are only 5 points away from second. We’re still going to have to wait for the big rematch until next week, but by then we’ll know if it’s going to be the difference. My take? I’m guessing it will be.
- Atlanta Faze is comfortably ahead of everyone, but they’re facing much more talented opponents than last week. The LA Thieves have been surprisingly good, and Chicago Optic is going to be looking for revenge after being bested every time the two have met. Will Faze show the league why they’re the only team you should be picking for Major V and Champs? Or will we see a chink in their armor?
- SIXTH SPOT WATCH: All the teams in the race for the last winners bracket spot (Minnesota Rokkr, LA Thieves, Florida Mutineers) for Champs have to play flawlessly. Reading into the schedule all of these teams will probably win versus a bottom four opponent, but lose versus a top four opponent. Can any of them make a statement and beat that top four team?
Here’s where you can watch this weeks matches-
DAY ONE, July 15th –
- Toronto Ultra vs Los Angeles Guerrillas – 3pm EST
- Minnesota Rokkr vs Seattle Surge – 4:30pm EST
DAY TWO, July 16th –
- Dallas Empire vs Florida Mutineers – 3pm EST
- Atlanta Faze vs Los Angeles Thieves – 4:30pm EST
DAY THREE, July 17th –
- New York Subliners vs London Royal Ravens – 3pm EST
- Florida Mutineers vs Los Angeles Guerrillas – 4:30pm EST
- Toronto Ultra vs Seattle Surge – 6pm EST
DAY FOUR, July 18th –
- Los Angeles Thieves vs Paris Legion – 3pm EST
- Atlanta Faze vs Chicago Optic – 4:30pm EST
- Dallas Empire vs Minnesota Rokkr – 6pm EST
There are also some awesome viewership rewards to be earned, just head over to this link to set everything up! You can follow the league both live and after hours on the official Call Of Duty League YouTube channel right here. If you want to jump into the game, check out CallOfDuty.com, and if you want to know more about it first, check out our review right here.
David Burdette is a gamer/writer/content creator from TN and Lead Editor for Gaming Trend. He loves Playstation, Star Wars, Marvel, and many other fandoms. He also plays way too much Call Of Duty. You can chat with him on Twitter @SplitEnd89.