I had some pretty positive things to say about Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts in my review, and now CI Games is ready to reveal the first look at the upcoming sequel. Coming to next-gen platforms (as well as previous gen consoles) as well as PC on June 4th, this new game is pushing the limits on long-range rifle work, with shots in excess of 1000 meters! Let’s get into the details on what we can expect this summer.
The Sniper Ghost Warrior series is the best-selling first-person sniping franchise of all time selling over 11 million copies worldwide, and CI Games is eager to continue building on this success with the highly-anticipated sequel. Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 marks the most thrilling entry yet, adding an entirely new level of challenge with the extreme-range sniping of targets over 1,000 meters away, in addition to an arsenal of other new features:
- 1000m+ extreme-range sniping
- A dramatic single-player campaign set in modern day Middle East, with 5 distinct sandbox maps featuring a variety of fully accessible, interactive areas players can approach their own way
- Next level realism with authentic gadgets and weapons customizable to fit different styles of play
- Replayable missions that can be completed in a number of ways, with unlockable rewards for achieving all objectives
- More intelligent adversaries with improved tactics
- Next-generation features include enhanced visuals, native 4k resolution, and improved loading times, setting a new benchmark as the best looking Sniper Ghost Warrior game thus far
If you are as eager to pick up the sequel as I am, the game is set to launch on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC
platforms on June 4th, 2021 with a price of $39.99. Preordering will net you a pair of in-game goodies for your effort:
- Marcus Tactical: A light sniper rifle with great stability
- FFF-45 ACP Luring Pistol: A side arm with special luring ammo
Stay tuned right here for our full review.
Ron Burke is the Editor in Chief for Gaming Trend. Currently living in Fort Worth, Texas, Ron is an old-school gamer who enjoys CRPGs, action/adventure, platformers, music games, and has recently gotten into tabletop gaming.
Ron is also a fourth degree black belt, with a Master's rank in Matsumura Seito Shōrin-ryū, Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do, Universal Tang Soo Do Alliance, and International Tang Soo Do Federation. He also holds ranks in several other styles in his search to be a well-rounded fighter.
Ron has been married to Gaming Trend Editor, Laura Burke, for 27 years. They have three dogs - Pazuzu (Irish Terrier), Atë, and Calliope (both Australian Kelpie/Pit Bull mixes).