Playdate is Panic’s adorable gaming device that comes with a number of games, fits in the pocket, and features a crank. In the latest showcase, Panic revealed a list of upcoming games as well as a new cover for the system, Aqua. The cover is now available to purchase separately or preorder a bundle via their website. More details can be found below and stay tuned to GamingTrend for all your gaming and tech news!
Games featured in today’s showcase include:
- Under the Castle – A charming rogue adventure with beautiful pixel art where you’ll explore infinite dungeons on your Playdate!
- By Dani Diez, ZCorbs, VolcanoBytes
- Release Window: December 5, 2023
- Faraway Fairway – An arcade, mental health golf game where you use the crank as a golf club.
- By Hedgehog Dreams
- Pullfrog: Playdate Deluxe – A block arrangement game where you control a tiny frog that uses its tongue to pull around falling pieces.
- By Amano
- Release Window: Q1 2024
- Oom – A rhythmic dungeon crawler where you simultaneously move and shoot on the beat.
- By Gregory Kogos
- Release Window: Q1 2024
- Sound Mind – A two-player hide and seek game where you must work together to escape a haunted study with your well-earned inheritance.
- By Chuck Jordan
- Release Window: 2024All of these titles are now available to wishlist on Catalog on-device and via the web store.
Playdate began shipping on April 18, 2022. Since then, Panic has shipped and sold over 53,000 Playdates. On March 7, 2023, Panic launched Catalog, Playdate’s on-device and browser-based store for games and apps. This week the team hit a milestone of 100 games and apps having been released on Catalog.
Playdate is a truly unique gaming handheld system that is a celebration of video games. It’s yellow. It fits in your pocket. It includes games from amazing creators, it has a beautiful black and white screen, and yes, it also has a crank.
Playdate is a truly unique gaming handheld system that is a celebration of video games. It’s yellow. It fits in your pocket. It includes games from amazing creators, it has a beautiful black and white screen, and yes, it also has a crank.Trending:
Created with great attention to detail and affection by app developer and video game publisher Panic, in collaboration with Teenage Engineering, Playdate hopes to capture the spirit of endless possibility and excitement that games have given us since the beginning. Playdate’s collection of games will delight players with their inventiveness and ingenuity. And in addition to introducing players to brand new games, Playdate also encourages people to create their own imaginative games and interactive software using a suite of easy development tools. In short, Playdate was made just for fun.
Noah is the resident weeb who spends most of his time gaming and watching anime. His goal is to expand his skills while meeting new people. You have probably seen him feeding the other team kills in Overwatch Comp or speculating Star Wars and One Piece. Follow him on twitter @RigsbyNoah.