Today, Square Enix announced that the popular action RPG, Final Fantasy XV is finally available on PC as Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. In addition, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have received Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, which is basically a game of the year version. Both editions contain new add-on content in addition to the based game.
In both Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, the game will include the following features:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – New side quests and enemies include Cerberus and Omega through the Crown City of Insomnia where played cans also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- Fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat – Allows the players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissa using a new boat that also allows player to fish for new species and craft new cuisines.
- “Armiger Unleashed” – A new accessory can activate this new action that allows players to unleash powerful attacks while Armiger is summoned.
- First-person camera mode – Players can experience the game from a new camera angle and Noctis’ perspective.
- Included downloadable content – Including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
- All season pass content – Includes Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Archive – View the “Cosmogony” stories scattered around the world which include local myths and legends placed in new locations.
In addition to these features, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition also includes:
- High-resolution options – Visuals compatible with native 4K and graphic options available to support up to 8K.
- HDR 10 support
- Mod Support – As a small taste for what kind of mods players can create, players on Steam can find the Half-Life Pack items in the Steam Workshop.
- Tobii Eyetracking Integration
- AlienFX Integration
Finally, a free update has been released for the Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades. This includes a new Comrades Quest, Chocobo Breeding, Royal Sigils, a new outpost called Hidden Harbor, a higher avatar character level cap (from level 50 to level 99), a higher weapon cap (from level 99 to level 120), new Hunt, Escort, and Defense Quests, and more.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is available on PC via Steam, Origin, and Windows 10. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on this game, visit the official website.
Sean Anthony likes to combine two of his passions: gaming and writing. Gaming has been a huge part of his life ever since he played his first game as a child, Kirby's Adventure. He aspires to have his name attached to an article that makes the whole world go, "Huh, that's neat, I guess."