In one of my favorite announcements at Summer Game Fest, Goat Simulator 3 took the stage with an amazing parody of the infamous Dead Island 2 reveal trailer. There were goats, carnage, and of course, insanity. Even better, you’ll be able to do it with friends! While I go to figure out how I missed Goat Simulator 2, check out said trailer and the info for the game below.
STOCKHOLM, Sweden. June 9th — On this day at Summer Games Fest, Coffee Stain Publishing and Coffee Stain North generously gave Geoff Keighley the dream job of announcing the long dreaded sequel to the global annoyance ‘Goat Simulator’.
Goat Simulator 3 crashes onto PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5 this fall!
This follow up to 2014’s Goat Simulator starts an all-new adventure, once again featuring Pilgor the goat. This time she’s found new pastures on the sprawling sandbox island of San Angora, a place where mysteries and chaos follow wherever you go. Players are free to roam around and discover the island’s secrets or, well, just destroy stuff. This is a Goat Simulator, after all.
Built from the gravel up, this next generation of goat simulation has it all; Goats, goats wearing hats, goats riding a goat wearing a hat. There are also unnatural disasters, secret animal societies, triple jumping and probably any other nonsense you could think up. But truly, what is all this exciting newness without friends to explore it with? In Goat Simulator 3, you can gather as a herd of up to 4 friends to be the goats of your dreams, together. Yes, Goat Simulator 3 has online multiplayer!
- GOATS: You play as a goat! Pilgor, to be exact. However, you’ll also have the chance to wear the skins of many other ‘goats’. Tall goats, tasty goats, angry goats – all the goats you expect and more.
- MULTIPLAYER: Your friends play as goats too! Goat Simulator 3 has 4 player co-op, locally or online. You’ll be able to travel through the world together, cause cooperative mischief aplenty, and compete in 7 fun multiplayer mini-games, and then not be friends anymore.
- EXPLORATION: Goat Simulator 3’s giant new sandbox has plenty to discover – hidden secrets, quests, collectables and the devs actually bothered to make an ending this time! Use your own four hooves to get around, grind on your butt or buckle up for the ride of your life as all goats can drive cars*.
- CHAOS AND REACTIVITY: Cause all manner of mayhem as you lick, headbutt, crash and explode your way across the map, leaving no NPC unannoyed. Toy with the universally recognised four elements (Fire, Electricity, Oil and Alien Goo), test the limits of the world’s physics and interact with suspicious objects for… surprising results.
- CUSTOMISATION: Players can fully customise their goat’s Head, Back, Feet, Body, Horns and Furs with over 300 different gear parts to choose from – from toilet rolls to tea trays… and other actual clothing items, if you want to be like that. Some gear parts will mutate your playstyle by giving you new abilities, all will alter your perceived sense of style.
Santiago Ferrero, Creative Director at Coffee Stain North said “Since the release of the first Goat Simulator, it’s come to our attention that it did not really represent reality and how it actually feels to be a goat. So for the past couple of years, we’ve been doing some googling, and I am pleased to say – we’ve made it. Goat Simulator 3 is by far the greatest goat experience out there. Is it worth the money? Who knows. But will you regret it? Probably.”
Goat Simulator 3 is a direct sequel to Goat Simulator, a silly game that started life as an April Fool’s joke born out of a game jam. In 2014, Goat Simulator became a true goat simulation sensation, selling millions of units across consoles and PC, as well as ‘earning’ ports to Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and most-recently Apple Arcade.
Goat Simulator 3 builds on everything fans of the first game loved, raising the baa to brand new heights (sometimes literally). Goat Simulator 3 is coming to PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store, as well as Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 this fall (this spring on the Southern Hemisphere). The following physical editions of Goat Simulator 3 will be available to pre-order at most major stores:
Goat Simulator 3 Standard Edition
– Physical copy of the game
Goat Simulator 3 Pre-Udder Edition
– Physical copy of the game
– In-game Pre-udder gear
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for Goat Simulator 3 news and info!
David Burdette is a gamer/writer/content creator from TN and Lead Editor for Gaming Trend. He loves Playstation, Star Wars, Marvel, and many other fandoms. He also plays way too much Call Of Duty. You can chat with him on Twitter @SplitEnd89.