It’s no surprise that Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II will probably be the biggest entertainment launch in a long time. So it shouldn’t be surprising either that plenty of companies are making limited launch items available to cash in on what sure to be an incredible game. I say cash in, but the stuff Steelseries and Kontrolfreek just showed off is extremely cool and functional. Check it out below, and make sure to grab your new gear for Modern Warfare II quickly as the launch is imminent!
CHICAGO – October 14, 2022 – SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, and KontrolFreek®, the creator of Performance Gaming Gear™, today unveiled their latest collaboration with Activision to celebrate the launch of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II. Inspired by Call of Duty’s Simon “Ghost” Riley and Task Force 141, and curated for PC and console gamers, the new limited-edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II collection features two versions of the award-winning SteelSeries QcK mousepad, an ultra-exclusive numbered keycap, and a set of KontrolFreek® Performance Thumbsticks.
The SteelSeries QcK mousepad, long hailed as the ‘go-to’ playing surface for PC gaming and esports pros, has been adorned with 2 different designs from the newest chapter in the Call of Duty series, giving fans a choice of either an iconic Ghost or Task Force 141 emblem. SteelSeries QcK mousepads use an exclusive micro-woven cloth for maximum control while being optimized for both low and high-speed CPI tracking movements.
To create the ultimate custom keyboard for Call of Duty fans, a limited-edition numbered artisan keycap is available for gamers to collect. Made from a Zinc Metal Alloy and embossed with a Ghost emblem, along with a laser-etched unique number (1/1000), the keycaps will only be available while supplies last.
KontrolFreek and Call of Duty have a storied history of creating limited-edition Call of Duty Performance Thumbsticks. For 2022, the latest collaboration is designed to give gamers an edge in Modern Warfare II. Featuring a Task Force 141-inspired design and engineered with KontrolFreeks’ proprietary rubber compound, the limited-edition thumbsticks allow users to optimize their in-game sensitivity, giving finer control and maximum precision for neutralizing threats and turning the tides of battle. All KontrolFreek Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II thumbsticks come with an exclusive in-game calling card, while fans that purchase the thumbsticks through KontrolFreek.com will also receive a limited-edition Task Force 141 challenge coin while supplies last.
“KontrolFreek continues to be an excellent partner, and we are proud to work together once again to provide both enthusiasts and casual gamers unique ways to celebrate their fandom and amplify their gaming experiences,” said Ratna Kirpal, Senior Vice President, Global Consumer Products, Activision.
- Award-winning SteelSeries QcK Mousepad
- Two exclusive Task Force 141 or Ghost designs to choose from
- Elite performance micro-woven QcK material
- Optimized for both low and high CPI movements
- The choice of the esports pros for more than 15 years
- Ultra-exclusive – numbered 1/1000
- Zinc Metal Alloy construction
- Embossed Call of Duty Ghost emblem
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II x SteelSeries presentation box
- The world’s most advanced thumb grips feature a next-gen 4-Prong design to meet ergonomic and performance gaming needs for next-gen consoles and gamers
- High-Rise Thumbsticks deliver 11.3mm of added height to original stock controller sticks for enhanced control and increased comfort
- Provides an increased range of motion and accuracy, while decreasing hand & thumb fatigue, along with reduced dead zone resistance
- Proprietary rubber compound enhances grip and reduces slip
- Available for PlayStation 5 | PlayStation 4 | Xbox X/S | Xbox One
The time has finally come, your new loadout is here!
Gear up for the new @CallofDuty with our latest performance thumbsticks AND limited edition @SteelSeries mousepads & keycap.
Get your loadout here: https://t.co/BFX7UaGWL4#CallofDuty #ModernWarfare2 pic.twitter.com/jQtWJO6F0n
— KontrolFreek (@KontrolFreek) October 14, 2022
The limited-edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II collection is available at SteelSeries.com and KontrolFreek.com for the following MSRPs:
- SteelSeries x Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Limited-Edition QcK Mousepad – US $19.99 | EU €24.99
- SteelSeries x Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Limited-Edition Artisan keycap – US $49.99 | EU €49.99 | AP $49.99
- KontrolFreek x Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Performance Thumbsticks – US $19.99 | EU €24.99
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more Steelseries and KontrolFreek (and Modern Warfare II) news and info!