People of Earth, Stardock today announced Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution, the next expansion for their popular 4X space strategy game. This expansion will include power artifacts, hypergates, new civilizations, and more.
Galactic Civilizations III is a 4X space strategy game set in the 23rd century where humans and aliens are competing against each other for domination. Across the galaxy, ancient alien artifacts are being discovered, giving civilizations powerful new capabilities. Meanwhile, as civilizations try to carefully balance building an economy, funding an ever growing war machine, and engaging in diplomacy, the humans of Sol III have invented a game-changing new technology – Hypergates – which, when connected, allow for rapid transit across the galaxy.
This is the first major addition for the game in 2019 and is the next expansion following 2018’s Intrigue Expansion, which added a political edge, given players the ability to choose how to govern certain planets.. The features of Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution include:
- Artifacts – Powerful items founds on planets across the galaxy that give civilizations immediate access to new abilities.
- Hypergates – A new travel method that allows fleets to travel rapidly across the map via hyperspace.
- Major Civilizations: Drath and Korath – Each of these have their own special abilities, bonuses and ship parts while Drath focuses on manipulation and Korath is more prone to destructive tendencies.
- Cargo Ships – Allow good and services to be delivered to other planets more efficiently.
- New Technology Tree – Overhaul of the technology tree system that adds more strategic choices to research options.
- Retribution Campaign – Concludes the campaign to Galactic Civilizations III, pitting the Drengin empire against humanity’s underestimated strength.