Octopath Traveler is set to release on February 28, 2023, for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Today, Square Enix recapped a lot of previously announced information on the soon-to-be-released sequel. Everything from characters to path actions was highlighted to give a quick catch-up on what to expect. To make things even easier, here are the biggest features coming to Octopath Traveler II you need to know!
- Octopath Traveler II takes place on a separate continent from the first game and stars a different group of travelers. The new storyline makes it the perfect entry for newcomers to the series.
- Day and Night Cycles have been added to the sequel. Towns and the people living in them will change depending on when you visit them. Previously, each protagonist had a single Path Action at their disposal. In this game, Path Actions vary between day and night, allowing players greater freedom when interacting with people in the world of Solistia.
- Each traveler’s tale has a different structure. Some won’t have simply one objective, and you have the player choice to determine your own path.
- In Octopath Traveler II there will be crossed paths, which are stories involving two travelers.
- In this installment, you can board canoes to explore towns and caverns like never before. Advance through the story, and you can obtain your own nautical vessel. Use it to journey between continents or chart your own course out to sea and disembark on unexplored islands.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more Octopath Traveler II news and info!
Noah is the resident weeb who spends most of his time gaming and watching anime. His goal is to expand his skills while meeting new people. You have probably seen him feeding the other team kills in Overwatch Comp or speculating Star Wars and One Piece. Follow him on twitter @RigsbyNoah.