If you’ve still kept up with Final Fantasy XI (that’s eleven, not fourteen), Square Enix has just announced a new August update for the long-running (and we mean that) MMORPG on PC, with The Voracious Resurgence ushering in… well, a resurgence for the game. In addition to the new story series, there are tons of events and updates that players can experience throughout the month of August.
SQUARE ENIX® today released part one of a new story series alongside the August version update for the long-running MMORPG FINAL FANTASY® XI Online. This new storyline, entitled The Voracious Resurgence™, beckons adventurers to explore mysteries of Vana’diel’s past that have long been shielded from view—the catalyst of which is a series of small incidents currently occurring throughout the land.
Additionally, a summer Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign begins tomorrow, August 7th, which will allow any player who has previously subscribed to PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI to enjoy the August update free of charge through August 17th.
The update arrives alongside several other events, activities and discounts that will roll out throughout the month of August:
- New Story Event Begins – The Voracious Resurgence marks a new chapter in the FINAL FANTASY XI storyline, beginning with Part 1 in the August version update. Subsequent chapters of this series will be made available in future version updates.
- Ambuscade Battle Updates – Players can now fight against Mamool Ja and Rafflesia in Ambuscade battles to obtain hallmarks and badges of gallantry and exchange them for special rewards.
- New Limited-Time Events – Players can enjoy two limited-time seasonal events throughout the month of August.
- The Green Festival (August 7th – August 18th) brings an open-air café to Lower Jeuno along with the chance to obtain the new morbol subligar.
- The Sunbreeze Festival (August 14th – August 31st) brings summer festivities to Vana’diel, where adventurers can view a spectacle of brilliant fireworks and much more.
- Job Adjustments to Beastmaster – The beastmaster job receives new job traits, new summoned pets for the “Call Beast” ability, and new special abilities for some pets.
- Midsummer’s Night Bounty Campaign – Beginning tomorrow through August 31 players can earn double to triple the normal amount of experience and capacity points from battling enemies.
- August Login Campaign – Players who log in throughout the month of August can add previous login campaign alter ego ciphers to their roster, and also obtain other rewards including the Poroggo Fleece, Moogle Bed, and Adoulin Tomato indoor furnishing.
- Shield Design Contest – The popular Shield Design Contest returns again, allowing current players to submit their very own shield design, with the winning entry being implemented into the game. Submissions will be accepted through August 18th at 7:59 a.m. (PDT).
Some notes for the The Voracious Resurgance:
* The Voracious Resurgence is not an expansion pack or premium downloadable content.
* In order to experience The Voracious Resurgence, players must have applied registration codes for Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, and Seekers of Adoulin, as well as have cleared the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel scenario.
* The above expansion packs are all included in the Ultimate Collection: Seekers Edition.
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.