Today, Squidlit Ink announced its release of Super Squidlit today for Nintendo Switch. The game is an enhanced follow up of the previous Squidlit, featuring a new story and Game Boy Color technology, with some levels featuring former foe Skwit Skwot.
Super Squidlit imitates the Game Boy™ Color’s capabilities and limitations for a squishy adventure! The colorful world of Squishu and it’s invertebrate inhabitants need your help! Play as Plip and your old foe, Skwit Skwot, as you set sail to banish a great evil.
– Squip your way through the islands of Squishu as Plip, a wee squidlit that can double jump to ink on things below you!
– Plip’s new roll tackle lets you manipulate foes and gain a bust of speed!
– Blast your way through enemies as the wizardly Skwit Skwot, GOD EMPEROR, in ray-casting 3D RPG levels!
– Meet lots of goofy Squidlits!
Like the first Squidlit game did with the Game Boy™, Super Squidlit adheres to the limitations of the Game Boy™ Color:
* No more than 10 sprites in a horizontal line
* No more that 40 sprites at any time
* 3 colors per sprite
* 160 x 144 pixel resolution
* 4 sound channels for music and SFX
* All sounds were recorded on a real Game Boy™ Color!
Can you guide Plip and Skwit Skwot to victory and save Squishu?
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.