Today, Squidlit Ink announced its release of Super Squidlit today for Nintendo Switch. The game is an enhanced follow up of the previous Squidlit, featuring a new story and Game Boy Color technology, with some levels featuring former foe Skwit Skwot.
Super Squidlit imitates the Game Boy™ Color’s capabilities and limitations for a squishy adventure! The colorful world of Squishu and it’s invertebrate inhabitants need your help! Play as Plip and your old foe, Skwit Skwot, as you set sail to banish a great evil.
– Squip your way through the islands of Squishu as Plip, a wee squidlit that can double jump to ink on things below you!
– Plip’s new roll tackle lets you manipulate foes and gain a bust of speed!
– Blast your way through enemies as the wizardly Skwit Skwot, GOD EMPEROR, in ray-casting 3D RPG levels!
– Meet lots of goofy Squidlits!
Like the first Squidlit game did with the Game Boy™, Super Squidlit adheres to the limitations of the Game Boy™ Color:
* No more than 10 sprites in a horizontal line
* No more that 40 sprites at any time
* 3 colors per sprite
* 160 x 144 pixel resolution
* 4 sound channels for music and SFX
* All sounds were recorded on a real Game Boy™ Color!
Can you guide Plip and Skwit Skwot to victory and save Squishu?
Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.
Elisha Deogracias is an aspiring accountant by day, freelance writer by night. Before writing for Gaming Trend, he had a small gig on the now defunct Examiner. When not being a third wheel with his best friends on dates or yearning for some closure on Pushing Daisies, he's busy catching up on shonen manga and wacky rhythm games. Mains R.O.B. in Smash. Still doesn't know if he's a kid or a squid.