Set in Mesoamerica, the player takes up the reins of Itorah, seemingly the last human left in the world, whose goal is to stop deadly foes, traverse the dangerous lands and save her homeland of Nahucan. Self-described as a game that hearkens back to the era of the Gameboy platformer, ITORAH promises hand-painted visuals, quirky charactters, and a looming evil that threatens the very fate of the land. Judging from the trailer, the game has boss battles reminiscent of that of Hollow Knight, and some similar platforming sections as well.
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Moves like Jagger: Enjoy a staggering 200+ animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends made along the way,” and Itorah will need the help of her new friends and allies to help her defeat the great evil threatening the land
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her axe as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming sections
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan!
The game won 3rd place at Devcom 2020 in the Indie Award category, and it is the studio’s first project. ITORAH is published by Assemble Entertainment and developed by Grimbart Tales.
ITORAH will launch on PC later this year, and it is available to wishlist here.
For more gaming news and info as we near ITORAH’s release date, stay tuned to Gaming Trend.