We already knew Warzone Mobile was inbound, but the amount of features it’s bringing is more than we expected. 120 players, cross-progression, returning to Verdansk… it’s just incredible. You can already pre-register on the Google Play store, so get clicking and get ready for the Warzone to follow you around wherever you go. Check out the intel below from the Call Of Duty blog, and don’t miss our breakdowns of both Warzone 2.0 and the Modern Warfare II multiplayer!
Announcing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile
Just revealed at Call of Duty: Next, Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile will join Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II and Call of Duty®: Warzone™ 2.0 to usher in a new era of Call of Duty®. With a thrilling Battle Royale gameplay, authentic content like Operators, Weapons, locations, and Call of Duty: Warzone combat with up to 120 live players in a match on mobile, the free-to-play Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is set to redefine the Battle Royale on the go.
Leveraging new unified technology across Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, players can share many social features (like friends and chat channels) and cross-progression enabling a shared Battle Pass and more for a connected Call of Duty experience.
Built for mobile devices to ensure an amazing handheld experience, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is set to feature mobile-specific events, playlists, and content as well as deep control customization options to support both Call of Duty veterans and new recruits alike.
In collaboration with Call of Duty studios and technology teams across Activision, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is being co-developed by a multi-studio mobile organization that includes teams from Activision Shanghai Studio, Beenox, Digital Legends, and Solid State Studios.
Free pre-registration is open now for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile on Android™ ahead of the anticipated worldwide release on Android and iOS mobile devices in 2023.
Need a deeper dive into the game? Be sure you’re watching the Official Call of Duty Twitch® Channel or Call of Duty YouTube® Channel for real-time gameplay or a rewatching of the Next event, then read on for further intel:
Details: The Call of Duty: Warzone Experience on Your Mobile Device
What should you expect when Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile launches next year? A return to a familiar battleground, using new weaponry, uniting Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0. Here’s the initial intel you need to know now:
- Mobile Players: Welcome to Verdansk! At launch players will drop into the legendary Verdansk map on mobile for the very first time. This is the Verdansk just like you remember: Dam. TV Station. Lumber. Farmland. A (closed) Stadium. Downtown. Train Station. Prison. From the snow-lined ridges near the Military Base to the hot drop of SuperStore, get ready to fight through hallmark vistas, urban areas, open battlegrounds, and everywhere in-between.
- The Call of Duty®: Warzone™ 2.0 map – Al Mazrah – will arrive in the game in the future.
- Roll Up and Take Off: Take the fight to your enemies on the ground or in the skies with a variety of land-based vehicles and aircraft, whether you’re reaching important landmarks with haste, or needing some protection from enemy incursions.
- Buy Stations Confirmed: Gather Cash and spend it at Buy Stations scattered across the map, enhancing your armaments with Field Upgrades, Killstreaks, Revive Tokens, Loadouts, and help turn the tide in battle.
- Contracts Confirmed: Take on Contracts located throughout Verdansk; these optional mini-missions enable you to obtain rare loot, in-match Cash, XP, Weapon XP and help you gain the upper hand on the competition.
- Second Chance – The Gulag! Face off in a 1v1 winner-takes-all gunfight and earn a second chance at survival! If you’re eliminated in Verdansk, take down a foe in the Gulag; win and redeploy back into the match.
Deep Franchise Connectivity with Cross-Progression
With unified Call of Duty technology, players can expect a variety of innovations, new features, and deep connectivity when Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile launches worldwide next year. Here’s some initial intel on how this will work:
- Deeply Connected Weapons and Operators: Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is loaded up with many of the same weapons and Operators coming in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 on console and PC.
- One Shared Experience: With cross-progression players canadvance the Battle Pass and more across Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.
- Example Unlock #1: Unlock a new weapon when playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II or Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 on console or PC, then access it on your mobile device in Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile.
- Example Unlock #2: Unlock a new Operator in Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile and take them with you when playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II or Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 on console or PC.
- Enhanced Social Innovations: Friends lists and chat channels are also shared across Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II or Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, so you can stay in touch with your friends no matter where they choose to play.
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile: Built for Mobile Players
Every aspect of the game’s development is customized for mobile gamers:
- Mobile Optimization: Everything from movement, aiming and weapon handling, to physics, animations and sound have been optimized for mobile gaming in order to deliver the ultimate accuracy, authenticity and performance you expect from Call of Duty.
- Built for the Way You Play: With deep control customization options for mobile devices, you’re able to pick up and play no matter your skill level. Mobile gaming professionals, PC and console players who want to sneak in a few more matches, and even new recruits who just need a little extra help getting into the flow of the game: We have you covered.
- Customized Content: The game will also feature a robust selection of mobile-specific events, customized playlists, and a variety of special content that you can’t find anywhere else.
Pre-register Now for in-game Rewards!
Ensure you’re ready to drop in on launch day by pre-registering for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile now:
- Head to the Google Play Store now to pre-register!
- Keep an eye on Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile socials, or the Call of Duty Blog for updates on pre-registration and launch.
- If the community rallies and global pre-registration player milestones are met, expect to receive a number of impressive rewards when the game launches:
- Five Million Pre-registrations: Emblem: Dark Familiar and Vinyl: Foe’s Flame
- 10 Million Pre-registrations: Blueprint (X12): Prince of Hell.
- 15 Million Pre-registrations: Blueprint (M4): Archfiend.
- 25 Million Pre-registrations: [[REDACTED]]
Finally, ensure you have the latest Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile official information by visiting @warzonemobile on Twitter, @codwarzonemobile on Instagram, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile on Facebook, and, as well as the Call of Duty Blog.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more Call Of Duty: Warzone Mobile news and info!