Triangle Strategy was well-received here at Gaming Trend (our review) and now it’s finally coming to PC. Square Enix announced that the game is headed to Steam on October 13th, having previously released on the Switch on March of this year. If you missed out on this one, or just need a refresher, here’s a little bit about the turn-based tactical title:
TRIANGLE STRATEGY takes place on the continent of Norzelia, where players will determine the fate of three powerful kingdoms embroiled in conflict, Glenbrook, Aesfrost, and Hyzante. Set 30 years after the “Saltiron War,” players will guide protagonist Serenoa Wolffort and his faithful companions, childhood friend Prince Roland, fiancée Princess Frederica Aesfrost, and the steward of House Wolffort Benedict, as they attempt to navigate their way through this new conflict.
TRIANGLE STRATEGY offers a complex, tactical battle system that utilizes a lush, interactive RPG environment. Players will have the ability to:
- Choose from three different philosophies, pragmatic utility, virtuous morality or liberty, to help shape the story
- Select from 30 characters to create their own unique battle team
- Utilize unique attributes, set movement per range offered by each character, as well as use special attacks and skills that consume a limited but rechargeable pool of Tactical Points per character
- Level up characters by using them in battle to increase their attributes and to unlock new special attacks and skills
- Upgrade individual attributes and characters classes, making them more effective in combat
Square Enix has been great about bringing quality of life improvements to their RPG PC ports, so hopefully we see the same care and attention for this title as well. Look for our coverage when we get closer to that mid-October launch date.