Call Of Duty League has been my esport of choice this year, and even though Atlanta Faze has been the clear-cut leader from the get-go (Faze up my guys Simp and aBeZy!), there has been plenty going on in the standings from number two onward. We learned a whole lot about teams on LAN during Major IV, and we’re about to learn even more when Major V brings back fans, even if the exhibition matches of the stage will be online. Here’s some interesting things going on, along with the current standings and links to this weeks matches below.
- Will Faze continue their dominance? The squad won their third Major of the year, and besides Major II’s upset by Toronto Ultra (let’s be honest, with the run they made no one was beating them), Faze hasn’t really shown many weaknesses. The biggest question is if they can continue to improve in their Search and Destroy mode, especially on maps like Standoff and Express.
- Will the New York Subliners or Toronto Ultra catch Dallas Empire? Empire certainly seemed to catch fire on LAN, making it to the Grand Finals and taking Faze to nine maps, even beating them on Moscow twice (Faze had lost only once on that map all year in those game modes). New York was weathering the loss of their route man in Asim whose visa kept him away from the first live event, while Bance from Toronto endured a tough Stage IV. It’s truly anyone’s spot at number two with only ten points separating all of them.
- Can the LA Thieves or Florida Mutineers shake up the bottom four? Only eight teams will make it to champs, and while the top four seems decently settled, one unexpected run by either team could upset the standings. Chicago Optic is probably safe at number five with 270 points, but the Minnesota Rokkr have their winners bracket hopes hanging in the balance with only a twenty and thirty point cushion over LA and Florida. I don’t expect the Thieves to be able to pull it off with yet another roster change shaking up their chemistry, but the Mutineers seem to be getting hot at the right time. Again, number six seems like anyone’s spot.
- We’re back! The events team for the Call Of Duty League has confirmed fans will be present for the Stage V Major and Champs. Will this help some teams perform even better than expected? And will others wilt under the pressure? I can’t tell you everything, but you can buy tickets and find out for yourself by clicking here.
Here’s where you can watch this weeks matches-
DAY ONE –
- Atlanta Faze vs London Royal Ravens – 3pm EST
- Chicago Optic vs Paris Legion – 4:30pm EST
- Minnesota Rokkr vs Los Angeles Guerrillas – 3pm EST
- New York Subliners vs Los Angeles Thieves – 4:30pm EST
DAY THREE –
- Atlanta Faze vs Paris Legion – 3pm EST
- Florida Mutineers vs Seattle Surge – 4:30pm EST
- Dallas Empire vs Los Angeles Guerrillas – 6pm EST
DAY FOUR –
- Los Angeles Thieves vs London Royal Ravens – 3pm EST
- Toronto Ultra vs Minnesota Rokkr – 4:30pm EST
- Chicago Optic New York Subliners – 6pm EST
There are also some awesome viewership rewards to be earned, just head over to this link to set everything up! You can follow the league both live and after hours on the official Call Of Duty League YouTube channel right here. If you want to jump into the game, check out CallOfDuty.com, and if you want to know more about it first, check out our review right here.