Independent developer Fred Wood announced today that the arcade space game Pulstario is available now on Steam and Nintendo Switch today for under a dollar. The game (which is also available on iOS devices as well as itch.io), will challenge players with a short but sweet experience as they collect souls while traversing a tricky environment across ten levels.
Pulstario is a small game in which you pilot a ship through the void and collect missing souls. It has challenging moments and hopefully the gameplay is a rewarding experience. From the creator of LOVE and kuso.
Each stage sets you at a start point, and you must fly and collect every last soul without colliding with the obstacles the stage has for you. If you crash into a wall you will reset your position to the start of the stage, but your progress is maintained. Movement is handled with turning and boosting to fight gravity. For players who need a little extra help, you can also slow down time at the press of a button.
• Unlimited Mode: Play through the game’s ten levels with unlimited lives, the ability to slow down time, and enjoy the game with no punishments.
• Arcade Mode: Play through the game with a limited number of lives and the ability to slow down time.
• Challenge Mode: Play through the game with a very limited number of lives.
• Speedrun Mode: Play through the game or individual levels to try and achieve the fastest time.
• One Life Mode: Challenge each level without dying
Check out the trailer above, and stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.