If you use a dock for your laptop, you know that a great many of them are big and bulky things. The one that I use regularly is roughly the size of a loaf of bread, which is a lot of desk space. While it is very useful, I have a list of wants that SABRENT seems to have intercepted. Their SABRENT Thunderbolt 3 8TB NVMe SSD Docking Station has a ton of storage space, obviously, but it also has just about every sort of port, input, and output you could ask for. Let’s look at the full list of specs:
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports with a bandwidth of up to 40Gbps.
- 2 USB 3.2 Type-A ports supporting up to 10Gbps.
- 1 USB 3.2 Type-C supporting up to 10Gbps.
- 1 USB 3.0 type A supporting up to 5Gbps and BC1.2 [email protected] charge for tablets, cell phones.
- 1 DisplayPort 1.4 for 8k @ 30Hz, 5K @ 30Hz, and lower resolutions. DisplayPort supports HDR, HDCP2.2, and VESA Adaptive Sync (FreeSync) where available.
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port.
- 1 Front access 3.5mm audio output.
- 1 Front access 3.5mm microphone input.
- 1 SD (UHS-II) card reader with transfer speeds up to 270MB/s.
- Compatible with PD3.0 and capable of delivering up to 96 watts.
As video file sizes continue to grow, it becomes more difficult to move them around, process the video, and store them. With 1500 MB/s speeds, and 8TB of storage, that’d be a thing of the past. Better still, it has an SD Card Reader for your smaller camera, DisplayPort and USB-C for video out. Best of all, it’s half the size of my current dock, but at 8 times the storage space.
If this sounds like something you’d like for your own workflow, now’s the time — it’s on sale for $748.79 (normally $999.99) — a full 25% off for Prime Day. Act quickly — the window for that big of a discount is closing!
Ron Burke is the Editor in Chief for Gaming Trend. Currently living in Fort Worth, Texas, Ron is an old-school gamer who enjoys CRPGs, action/adventure, platformers, music games, and has recently gotten into tabletop gaming.
Ron is also a fourth degree black belt, with a Master's rank in Matsumura Seito Shōrin-ryū, Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do, Universal Tang Soo Do Alliance, and International Tang Soo Do Federation. He also holds ranks in several other styles in his search to be a well-rounded fighter.
Ron has been married to Gaming Trend Editor, Laura Burke, for 27 years. They have three dogs - Pazuzu (Irish Terrier), Atë, and Calliope (both Australian Kelpie/Pit Bull mixes).