THQ Nordic has finally announced the release date for the hotly anticipated remaster of the 2009 cult classic, Red Faction: Guerrilla. The Re-Mars-tered edition is set to arrive on July 3rd, 2018 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
On top of native 4K support, the remaster will come fitted with fully reworked graphics, improved shadow rendering, improved lighting, reworked shaders, and postprocessing. As an added bonus, owners of the original Red Faction: Guerrilla on PC will receive the remastered version for free!
The now-defunct THQ cancelled the beloved series in 2011, following the poor performance of 2011’s Red Faction: Armageddon. Only a year later, THQ would declare bankruptcy—killing any hopes for the return of Red Faction. Now, thanks to THQ Nordic, Red Faction has another opportunity to make its mark on a new generation of gamers.
All the features that veteran players remember will return, including:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – Fight who you want, where you want, when you want. You can approach mission in any way you desire, as long as it includes blowing up EDF targets.
- Strategic Destruction – You can blow up entire buildings, destroy staircases, or put a hole in the floor; anything is possible thanks to the fully-dynamic physics-based destruction system.
- Evolving and Emergent Gameplay – You are encouraged to play however you want to—mixing up your tactics, weapons, vehicles and more.
- Sci-Fi Setting – The fully-destructible, EDF-ridden Martian landscape is back with a fresh coat of paint.
- Multiplayer – Test your skills in a variety of chaotic multiplayer modes.
Stay tuned for Red Faction updates and more right here on Gaming Trend.