Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania got a new trailer that introduces the playable characters available when the game launches on October 5.
Character highlights include:
- AiAi: The carefree leader of the monkey gang, AiAi is one smart primate who takes on every challenge that rolls his way! He lives happily with his wife MeeMee and their son Baby on Jungle Island, ready to lead his friends when adventure calls.
- MeeMee: The charming co-leader of the gang, MeeMee is Jungle Island’s kindest soul and the glue that binds the gang together. Mother to Baby and wife to AiAi, Mimi is one tough banana who is always striving to bring happiness to those around her. She loves searching for fresh flowers to take on her adventures.
- Baby: Baby is the coolest monkey around with slick sunglasses and a lightning-fast crawl. Though usually jovial, Baby is known for the occasional epic melt that can be heard from across Jungle Island! He’s very smart for a monkey his age and always willing to help his parents collect every banana and save the day.
- GonGon: When you need extra might and muscle, GonGon is your main gorilla! Though he and AiAi were once rivals, these two best friends now frequently team up together to stop Dr. Bad-Boon’s evil plots. Fast and strong with a heart of gold, GonGon’s body checks have been known to send opponents into orbit!
- Doctor: This mysterious old monkey doesn’t even know his own name – he has amnesia! Despite losing all his old memories, he is always inventing fascinating new contraptions for the monkeys around town. He earned the name “Doctor” out of respect for his intelligence and ingenuity.
- YanYan: A fast and fearless ring-tailed lemur and master of the monkey martial arts, YanYan is a fist full of energy with a colorful style. She’s one of the toughest monkeys this side of Jungle Island and always ready to help her friends on adventures.
The game will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, PS5, and Steam. The game costs $39.99 on consoles and $29.99 on PC via Steam. The Digital Deluxe Edition will retail for $49.99. The game will support Xbox Smart Delivery, meaning you can buy it once on either the Xbox One or Series X|S and play it on either set of consoles. Additionally, purchasing the digital or physical PS4 version will allow players to play the PS5 version at no extra cost, although you should only buy the physical version if you have access to the standard PS5 rather than the digital version.
For more gaming news, stay tuned to Gaming Trend.
Noah Anzaldua is a game journalist, Twitch streamer, and a passionate fan of Apex Legends and Destiny 2. Writing and streaming are his passions, and he is carving a career path out for himself. He is a graduate of the University of Alabama where he is majored in News Media, History, and Political Science.