The Dark Pictures Anthology – Man of Medan seemed like it was going to be only a single-player focused narrative, but Bandai Namco Entertainment America today announced two multiplayer modes, online and offline, offering a different way to experience the game’s story. One of these modes will allow two players to experience the story online as they make choices that affect the other player while a local “movie night” mode will allow up to five friends each control the decisions of one of the characters.
Shared Story Mode
- Share the story simultaneously with a friend in two-player online co-op
- Both players explore the world, make choices and perform actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of their respective characters
- Traverse scenes through a different perspective from the single-player experience—sometimes together, sometimes apart—in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares
Movie Night Mode
- Play locally in a group of up to five players with one controller, with each player taking charge of the movement, decisions and choices of one of the five main characters
- Players can choose between saving themselves, or trying to keep their friends’ characters alive
- At the end of each playthrough, actions and impacts will be judged – with achievements & rewards for each player
The Dark Pictures Anthology – Man of Medan will be released on August 30th, 2019. Want to know our thoughts on the game so far? Check out our E3 preview here.