Last year, Kena: Bridge of Spirits won Best Indie Game at The Game Awards. Today not only did the Anniversary Update launch, but it also debuted on Steam. This wonderful title will be discounted 25% off on Steam until October 4th for those looking to pick it up. The update itself is free to all players who own the game. A slew of content is included such as: New Game +, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, new outfits, and accessibility features. I cannot wait to jump into New Game +, as some combat encounters have been redesigned. Check out the trailer below as well as full details on the Anniversary Update and Steam launch:
The Anniversary Update is the biggest piece of DLC for Kena: Bridge of Spirits to date, including New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, accessibility features, and more. Available for free on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Epic Game Store, the update is also part of the expanded Kena: Bridge of Spirits launching on Steam today for:
- US: $39.99 Standard | $49.99 Digital Deluxe
- UK: £31.99 Standard | £39.99 Digital Deluxe
- Europe: €39.99 Standard | €49.99 Digital Deluxe
The Anniversary Update includes:
- New Game+ – Players who’ve completed the game can set out on Kena’s journey from the beginning, taking advantage of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc, to take on completely redesigned and more demanding combat encounters.
- Charmstones that are individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- Spirit Guide Trials, a new game mode challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories: Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.
Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlocks outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.
- New outfit, exclusive for Deluxe Edition owners.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for all your gaming, tech, and entertainment news!
Noah is the resident weeb who spends most of his time gaming and watching anime. His goal is to expand his skills while meeting new people. You have probably seen him feeding the other team kills in Overwatch Comp or speculating Star Wars and One Piece. Follow him on twitter @RigsbyNoah.