Season 8 of Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now live, bringing a number of new armor sets, vehicle skins, weapon skins, and more to the game.
This season follows a theme of historical armor ranging from sets inspired by Vikings to Spartans (like, from Greece) to Samurai. This is the last planned season for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, but more updates and enhancements will be on the way next year. Nameplates and vehicles are also getting some historical flair, so be sure to look out for the new animated seasonal nameplates as well as the seasonal vehicle wraps.
Season 8 also introduces the Icebox map from Halo Online. The map is a remake from the classic map, Turf, with completely overhauled visuals. Icebox is playable in Halo 3’s custom games and matchmaking.
Collectibles are also being added to Halo 3’s campaign in the form of golden moas that will be hidden around different campaign maps each week. You will find and shoot these moas each week to complete weekly challenges.
The Custom Game Browser introduced last season for Halo 3 has now been expanded to allow players to search for custom games in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.Mod support is now live for Halo 2 and 3, which was previously only available in Combat Evolved.
TIMED CONTENT FOR SEASON 8
Like with previous MCC seasons, Season 8 will last for limited time. With that in mind, it’s important to remember that there’s a set of timed seasonal exclusives for you to get your hands on. Some of these will be available on the Season Pass, others will be available during limited timeframes – so be sure to keep track.
Like with previous seasons, during Season 8 of MCC there’s going to be some brand-new rewards up for grabs! Mind you, once the season expires so will these – so, do yourself a favor and get started on them just as soon as you can. This time around you can get your hands on the Evalach’s Lament Back Accessory, the Scorned Fate Battle Rifle Skin, and the Gilded Lion Warthog Skin.
Lamentable: Complete the “Tea Time” and “Legion’s Bane” Challenges:
- Tea Time: Defeat 5,000 Enemies. Defeating enemy players in matchmaking grants 10x progress.
- Legion’s Bane: Earn 7,000 points for kills in PvE modes. Earn 1 for Grunts, Jackals, and Drones. 5 for Elites and Brutes. 10 for Hunters and vehicles.
- Reward: Evalach’s Lament Back Accessory for Halo 3
Veteran Veneer: Complete the “Montage Starter Kit” and “Infamous” Challenges:
- Montage Starter Kit: Earn 500 Headshots in matchmade games.
- Infamous: Earn 200 multikill or spree category medals in matchmade PvP games.
- Reward: Scorned Fate Battle Rifle Skin for Halo 3
The Hogfather: Complete the “Beast Mode” and “Chrononaut” Challenges:
- Beast Mode: Earn 117 kills as either the Gunner or Driver of a Warthog while in matchmaking.
- Chrononaut: Complete a cross-game campaign playlist.
- Reward: Gilded Lion Warthog Skin for Halo 3
While adding content into MCC is always something that excites us, making sure that the entire experience is seeing improvements is something we’re always focused on as well. With the arrival of MCC Season 8 we’re excited to unveil some brand-new features to improve your experience all around MCC.
In order to make sure warriors old and new are able to do battle to the best of their ability, we’ve made some additional performance updates across MCC! Including:
- Legacy Halo: CE 4K HUD
- Halo 4 Reclaimer cinematic updates
- Halo 2 parity fixes
- Weapon display offsets
- And more!
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.