7th Beat Games has finally stealth released its rhythm game Rhythm Doctor on PC via Steam Early Access yesterday. The game will include deceptively simple gameplay that will teach players the ins and outs of the rhythmic gameplay.
Save lives with your spacebar!
Rhythm Doctor is a rhythm game in a world where defibrillating patients’ hearts in sync with their heartbeats has healing properties. Slam your spacebar in perfect time on the 7th beat, and they might just come out okay. But beware – every patient has unique illnesses based on complex music theory: polyrhythms, hemiolas, irregular time signatures…if you don’t know what they mean, don’t worry. Rhythm Doctor is designed to make you learn music and rhythm theory without even realising it!
- 20+ handmade levels, each with their own story.
- Every level introduces a different concept of rhythm theory in an accessible way
- A large cast of doctors and patients feature in an epic overarching storyline
- Play solo campaign or grab a friend for drop-in drop-out local multiplayer throughout the whole campaign!
- Robust level editor to make, share, and play community levels! Use your own music, place notes snapped to the beat, and use 50+ different visual effects and backgrounds
- Challenging “Night Shift” versions of each level for the brave
We’ve been patiently waiting for this game more than three years ago, and now it’s finally here (pending final release)! Stay tuned for more news here on Gaming Trend.
Elisha Deogracias is an aspiring accountant by day, freelance writer by night. Before writing for Gaming Trend, he had a small gig on the now defunct Examiner. When not being a third wheel with his best friends on dates or yearning for some closure on Pushing Daisies, he's busy catching up on shonen manga and wacky rhythm games. Mains R.O.B. in Smash. Still doesn't know if he's a kid or a squid.