After the success of the first Destroy All Humans! remake, THQ Nordic announced that the sequel is also getting a remake with the same treatment they gave the first.
The trailer above shows off the tone, gameplay, and general hilarity that will ensue in the remake, but there are some more details to be had from the game’s official site:
Crypto is back with a license to probe. The alien invader returns, groovier than ever. Experience the swinging ‘60s in all its chemical-induced glory and take revenge on the KGB for blowing up your mothership. You’ll have to form alliances with members of the very species you came to enslave.
- Show those hippies who’s boss using classic weapons and new technology like the Meteor Shower
- Explore 1960’s Mother Earth and unload your trusty saucer all over her fictional cities
- Defend a much larger, much more open world from those who seek to undermine your mission
- Hoover up humans from different countries and grind them up into DNA cocktails to upgrade your skills
- Invite a friend over for a twosome and enjoy the full story in local 2-player split screen co-op
- The most funkadelic version of the comedy classic ever created
- Rebuilt from scratch in Unreal Engine 4 by the makers of Destroy All Humans! (2020)
- All Crypto skins from the first game and more
- Change paint jobs on your flying saucer
We loved the first game’s remake and even said so in our review, which you can check out here. Here’s hoping that they recapture the same creative energy from that project and knock this one out of the park.
Destroy All Humans! 2 – Reprobed is set to release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC at an unknown date.
Stay tuned to Gaming Trend for more gaming news.