We’re always excited for all things NVIDIA here at GamingTrend. With the reveal of the much anticipated RTX 40 Super cards, NVIDIA could have stopped there, but instead flexed hard with new RTX-powered games and tools. We’ve got the roundup below, check out all the cool things from the NVIDIA stage at CES 2024.
- GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series: New Heroes Debut in the Gaming and Creating Universe With AI as Their Superpower
Today at CES, NVIDIA announced the GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series family of GPUs — including the GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER and GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER — which supercharge the latest games, content creation, and form the core of AI-powered PCs.
This latest iteration of NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture-based GPUs delivers up to 52 shader TFLOPS, 121 RT TFLOPS and 836 AI TOPS to supercharge gaming, creating and everyday productivity — and provide the power to develop new entertainment worlds and experiences.
The new GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs are the ultimate way to experience AI on PCs. Specialized AI Tensor Cores deliver transformative capabilities for AI in gaming, creating and everyday productivity. The rich software stack built on top of RTX GPUs further accelerates AI.
GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series starts from $599 for the RTX 4070 SUPER.
The new GPUs include:
- The GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER powers fully ray-traced games in 4K resolution. It is 1.4x faster than the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti without DLSS Frame Generation in the most graphically intensive games. With 836 AI TOPS, DLSS Frame Generation delivers an extra performance boost, making the RTX 4080 SUPER twice as fast as the RTX 3080 Ti. In AI workloads including Stable Diffusion XL or Stable Video Diffusion, creators can generate video over 1.5x faster and images over 1.7x faster than the RTX 3080 Ti. The RTX 4080 SUPER features more cores and faster memory for a performance edge over the RTX 4080. It will be available Jan. 31 at $999.
- The RTX 4070 Ti SUPER is a great GPU for maxing out games at super-high frame rates at 1440p, and up to 4K. Compared to the RTX 4070 Ti, it has more cores, an increased frame buffer to 16GB, and a 256-bit memory bus, providing a significant memory bandwidth increase to 672 GB/sec, perfectly suited for video editing and rendering large 3D scenes. It is 1.6x faster than a RTX 3070 Ti and 2.5x with DLSS 3. The GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER will be available Jan. 24 from $799.
- The RTX 4070 SUPER arrives with 20% more cores than the RTX 4070, making it faster than an RTX 3090 while using a fraction of the power. With DLSS 3, its lead stretches to 1.5x faster. It will be available Jan. 17 at $599.
“For everyone from gaming enthusiasts to creative professionals, GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs are simply awesome upgrades. GeForce RTX SUPER cards support over 500 RTX games and applications, and will have users prepared for the wave of generative AI apps coming to PC.”
- Matt Wuebbling, vice president of global GeForce marketing at NVIDIA.
GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Press Release:
GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Article on GeForce.com:
- NVIDIA Brings Generative AI to Millions, With Tensor Core GPUs, LLMs and Tools for RTX PCs and Workstations
Building on decades of PC leadership, with over 100 million of its RTX GPUs driving the AI PC era, NVIDIA today announced GeForce RTX SUPER desktop GPUs for generative AI performance that’s beyond fast, new AI laptops from every top OEM, and RTX-accelerated AI software and tools for both developers and end users.
NVIDIA is now offering these tools to enhance PC experiences with generative AI: NVIDIA TensorRT acceleration of the popular Stable Diffusion XL model for text-to-image workflows, NVIDIA RTX Remix with generative AI texture tools, NVIDIA ACE microservices and more games that use DLSS 3 technology with Frame Generation.
NVIDIA TensorRT-LLM (TRT-LLM), an open-source library that accelerates and optimizes inference performance of the latest large language models (LLMs), now supports more pre-optimized models for PCs. Accelerated by TRT-LLM, Chat with RTX, an NVIDIA tech demo also releasing this month, allows AI enthusiasts to interact with their notes, documents and other content.
RTX is the fastest growing laptop platform, having grown 5 times in just the last 4 years. Over 50 million devices are enjoyed by gamers and creators across the globe. New systems start shipping later this month — from Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Samsung and more — enabling users to experience generative AI out-of-the-box and delivering raw performance ranging from a 20x-60x increase when compared to NPUs. From 14” as slim as 16 millimeters to the most powerful 18”, there is a laptop for every gamer and creator.
“Generative AI is the single most significant platform transition in computing history and its dramatic leap to the mainstream is rapidly changing gaming, creating, development and productivity. The most impactful applications of this new era require immense compute to run locally that only a GPU can deliver — and with over 100 million RTX AI PCs and workstations, RTX provides a massive install base for AI developers.”
- Jensen Huang, founder and CEO of NVIDIA
Generative AI Press Release:
Chat With RTX:
- NVIDIA and Developers Pioneer Lifelike Digital Characters for Games and Applications With NVIDIA ACE
NVIDIA today introduced production microservices for the NVIDIA Avatar Cloud Engine (ACE) that allow developers of games, tools and middleware to integrate state-of-the-art generative AI models into the digital avatars in their games and applications.
The new ACE microservices let developers build interactive avatars using AI models such as NVIDIA Audio2Face (A2F), which creates expressive facial animations from audio sources, and NVIDIA Riva Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), for building customizable multilingual speech and translation applications using generative AI.
“Generative AI technologies are transforming everything we do, and that also includes game creation and gameplay. NVIDIA ACE opens up new possibilities for game developers by populating their worlds with lifelike digital characters while removing the need for pre-scripted dialogue, delivering greater in-game immersion.”
- Keita Iida, vice president of developer relations at NVIDIA
“This is a milestone moment for AI in games. NVIDIA ACE and Tencent Games will help lay the foundation that will bring digital avatars with individual, lifelike personalities and interactions to video games.”
- Tencent Games
“Generative AI-powered characters in virtual worlds unlock various use cases and experiences that were previously impossible. Convai is leveraging Riva ASR and A2F to enable lifelike NPCs with low-latency response times and high-fidelity natural animation.”
- Purnendu Mukherjee, founder and CEO at Convai.
More from Convai:
“Today, Convai is releasing its most anticipated features, with major advances in NPC spatial awareness, character actions, and NPC-to-NPC interactions. NPCs powered with Convai can now perceive and interact with their environment and other characters, making them more than just scripted entities. These characters navigate complex instructions, display emotional awareness, and engage in organic interactions, transforming the narrative and interactivity of games.
As part of the collaboration between Convai and NVIDIA, Convai integrated NVIDIA Avatar Cloud Engine (ACE) modules NVIDIA Audio2Face and Riva to improve the realism, believability and latency of character responses. NVIDIA ACE (Avatar Cloud Engine) is a suite of technologies that helps developers bring digital avatars to life using generative AI. Audio2Face enables industry-leading lip sync and facial animations, Riva enables high quality and low latency speech-to-text.
With these new releases from Convai, users can now ask NPCs about their surroundings, with real time actions. For example, characters can perform complex actions such as fetching items, following or leading characters to various places, and even execute complex tasks all dynamically requested and generated during gameplay. This opens up endless possibilities for developers and gamers to create the next generation of games. NPCs interact with each other even when the player is idle, producing countless options for how these characters perceive and engage with their surroundings.”
NVIDIA ACE Press Release:
NVIDIA ACE on GeForce.com:
(Video) ACE Karios demoNVIDIA ACE Brings Digital Characters to Life with Generative AI ft. Convai
- NVIDIA RTX Remix Open Beta Begins January 22nd; New Half-Life 2 RTX Trailer Released
Access to RTX Remix was previously limited to select early access modders, but starting January 22nd, any modder can remix a compatible, classic game thanks to the open beta release of the RTX Remix Application.
RTX Remix has already delivered stunning remasters in NVIDIA’s own Portal: Prelude RTX, and the modder-made Portal: Prelude RTX. Now, Orbifold Studios is using RTX Remix to develop Half-Life 2 RTX: An RTX Remix Project, a community remaster of one of the highest-rated games of all time. Check out this new Half-Life 2 RTX gameplay trailer, showcasing Orbifold Studios’ latest updates to Ravenholm.
RTX Remix News on GeForce.com
(Video) New Half-Life 2 RTX: An RTX Remix Project trailerHalf-Life 2 RTX, An RTX Remix Project - Ravenholm Trailer
- G-SYNC Displays Dazzle At CES 2024: G-SYNC Pulsar Tech Unveiled, G-SYNC Comes to GeForce NOW, Plus 24 New Models
At CES 2024, our partners at Alienware, AOC, ASUS, Dough, IO Data, LG, Philips, Thermaltake, and ViewSonic announced 24 new models that give further choice to consumers. Among the new models is the Alienware AW3225QF, the world’s first 240Hz 4K OLED gaming monitor, the Philips Evnia 49M2C8900, one of the world’s first ultrawide DQHD 240Hz OLED gaming monitors, and LG’s 2024 new 144Hz OLED and wireless TV lineup, which are available in a multitude of screen sizes, from 48 inches to a whopping 97 inches.
At CES, we also announced two new G-SYNC innovations: Cloud G-SYNC on GeForce NOW for an even smoother streaming experience, and G-SYNC Pulsar technology.
G-SYNC Pulsar is the next evolution of Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) technology, not only delivering a stutter-free experience and buttery smooth motion, but also a new gold standard for visual clarity and fidelity through the invention of variable frequency strobing. This boosts effective motion clarity to over 1000Hz on the debut ASUS ROG Swift PG27 Series G-SYNC gaming monitor, launching later this year.
No longer will users have to choose between the smooth variable refresh, or the improved motion clarity of Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) – our new G-SYNC Pulsar technology delivers all the benefits of both, working in perfect harmony to deliver the definitive gaming monitor experience.
G-SYNC News on GeForce.com:
Cloud G-SYNC on GeForce NOW:
(Video Clip) G-SYNC Pulsar in actionG-SYNC Pulsar Animation Clip
- 14 New RTX Games at CES – Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition, Pax Dei, Diablo IV and more
We now have over 500 RTX games and creative apps, and at CES we are adding the following to the list:
- Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition, the critically acclaimed sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, will be coming to PC this year with the Burning Shores expansion, accelerated by DLSS 3.
- Pax Dei is a social sandbox MMO inspired by the legends of the medieval era, where myths are real, ghosts exist and magic is unquestioned. Pax Dei will launch in early access with AI-accelerated DLSS 3 in Spring 2024, and will also be available in the cloud on GeForce NOW when it launches on PC.
- Diablo IV launched with DLSS 3 and immediately became Blizzard’s fastest selling game of all time. It’ll be coming soon to the cloud on GeForce NOW. We are also pleased to announce that ray tracing is coming to Diablo IV this March.
Other game announcements include:
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 will belaunching March 22nd with DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing
- Enshrouded Launches January 24th With DLSS 2, and will also be available in the cloud on GeForce NOW
- Gray Zone Warfare is launching this year with DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing
- Half-Life 2 RTX: An RTX Remix Project releases a new trailer enhanced with DLSS 3.5 and Full Ray Tracing
- Layers of Fear is available now with DLSS 3
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name upgrades to DLSS 3
- Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is launching January 26th with DLSS 3
- NAKWON: LAST PARADISE is launching with DLSS 3
- Starminer is launching with DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing
- TEKKEN 8 launches January 26th with DLSS 2
- THRONE AND LIBERTY releases a new DLSS 3 performance video and is coming to North America soon, with DLSS 3
CES 2024 Gaming News on GeForce.com:
GeForce NOW CES Gaming News Blog:
(Video) Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA – Announce Trailer:Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA - Announce Trailer
(Video) Pax Dei | Official 4K DLSS 3 Reveal Trailer:Pax Dei | Official 4K DLSS 3 Reveal Trailer
(Video) Diablo IV | Official GeForce RTX Ray Tracing Reveal Video:Diablo IV | Official GeForce RTX Ray Tracing Reveal Video
(Video) Enshrouded | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 2 Comparison:Enshrouded | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 2 Comparison
(Video) NAKWON: LAST PARADISE | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 3 Comparison:NAKWON: LAST PARADISE | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 3 Comparison
(Video) Starminer | NVIDIA DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing Premiere:Starminer | NVIDIA DLSS 3 & Ray Tracing Premiere
(Video) THRONE AND LIBERTY | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 3 Comparison:THRONE AND LIBERTY | 4K NVIDIA DLSS 3 Comparison
- GeForce NOW Brings New Content, Day Passes and Innovative Tech to the Cloud, Expanding to New Regions
Stream top-quality PC Games at high performance with GeForce NOW. Gamers can experience ray tracing with Ultimate and Priority memberships, as well as all the same benefits as GeForce RTX 4080 GPU owners with an Ultimate membership, including DLSS 3.5 and NVIDIA Reflex.
- Triple-A games from top publishers are coming to the service soon, including Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 from Activision and Blizzard, Honkai: Star Rail from HoYoverse, Exoprimal from Capcom (Jan. 18) and Pax Dei from Mainframe Industries.
- Day Passes will be available starting February, for gamers to experience the benefits of premium memberships before diving into longer-term memberships.
- Cloud G-SYNC technology and updated GeForce NOW Reflex mode for 60 and 120 fps streaming will provide the smoothest, lowest-latency streaming experience, feeling nearly indistinguishable from a local gaming experience.
- Support for higher resolutions and updated keyboard and mouse support to Android devices will enable members to turn their phones into mobile PC gaming rigs.
- NVIDIA will bring the Ultimate membership to Japan for the first time, operating alongside GeForce NOW Alliance partner KDDI.
GeForce NOW CES Gaming News Blog:
- NVIDIA Studio Unveils New RTX- and AI-Accelerated Tools and Systems for Creators
NVIDIA Studio is debuting at CES powerful new software and hardware upgrades to elevate content creation and streaming experiences.
- On top of new GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series GPUs supercharging creating and AI tasks, powerful NVIDIA Studio laptops and desktops from Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI and Samsung are releasing with exclusive software like Studio Drivers preinstalled that can speed through creative workflows
- Generative AI by iStock from Getty Images, built on NVIDIA Picasso, is trained from Getty Images’ licensed artwork for commercially safe asset generation, launching at CES. New powerful editing APIs to provide more control over generated images are also coming soon to istock.com
- RTX Video HDR is coming Jan. 24, providing dramatic video quality improvements paired with RTX Video Super Resolution.
- Twitch, OBS and NVIDIA are releasing the new Twitch Enhanced Broadcasting beta, powered by GeForce RTX GPUs, allowing streamers to provide multiple encodes concurrently for the most optimal viewing experience across a broad range of devices types and connections.
Stay tuned to GamingTrend for more NVIDIA news and info!
David Burdette is a gamer/writer/content creator from TN and Lead Editor for Gaming Trend. He loves Playstation, Star Wars, Marvel, and many other fandoms. He also plays way too much Call Of Duty. You can chat with him on Twitter @SplitEnd89.